HIGH SPEED BLOWOUT!!!!!

I am glad you are okay and that everything came out good. It would be tragic to loose a beautiful flower like you, Lo. I will try to remember this experience if I am in that type of situation.

Pause, .............. Head down (Giving thanks for the extra attention paid to our fellow rider when it really counted, Thank you Lord, amen!)
Glad to hear your ok and were able to share your experience with everyone on the board....  
smile.gif

LO -

Glad you made it.... $hit like that really sucks!!

As far as riders passing you by.. Yeah that bugs me also.. I was broken down on my old bike about a year ago. was on the side of the road and I was amazed and very disapointed on how many sport bikes passed by without as much as a finger even, What made it even worse, and I think it had to happen for a reason, I am on the side of the road out in the middle of no where, nearest town is 40 miles away, I am waiting for my wife to bring my truck to load it up. middle of the day, hot out. A group of crotch rockets pass, one, on the guys hump blows off right in front of me, the guy turns around, stops to pick the hump up, looks at me, shrugs his shoulders and gets on his bike and takes off, doesnt ask if I am ok, if I need anything nothing, and the fricken guy was 10 feet in front of me....

I was very disaapointed....

Anyway - glad your safe!!!! and yeah.. dont ride with a plugged tire, especially at high speeds...

I would never pass you by LO.
blush.gif
   I'm glad your here to tell the tale. I'll always remember this lesson..............

<!--EDIT|Criss123
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081030919 -->

Glad your okay LO!
wink.gif

Hope your weekend is better!

I just had a little boo-boo on my bike a few minutes ago.

Josh
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081035945 -->

Scary moment ,worked out..Glad you kept it on two wheels Lori , and are OK..
Tire plugs ,as a lesson to us all....all there good for is gettin' us home...period.

Kiddo...Thank God you're ok. You know how the vivid Genii mind works... Blowout at 120!?...I'm so glad you're ok!

Have a friend who had the same thing happened to him, only it was a sharp piece of rock that was stuck in his tire. He pulled it out and it looked fine until he woke up the next morning...tire was completely flat. Thank God it didnt blow while he was riding. So my friend...a sharp piece of pebble or rock is just as dangerous as a nail.

pucker factor X10!?!?
thank god you are okay, and just had a b-day.... that extra year of experience helped you out a bit, im sure.
wink.gif

WoW Lo,

Glad you made it through this without injury! I also have run plugs with no problem. I will think twice about doing that again. Are you sure the plug blew? Is it possible you got the hole from something "new"?

Well, I guess you'll have fresh skin for the Vegas run! I had a tire blow on my Triumph around 80 MPH and it was exactly as you describe. Not insane until I slowed down, then could not use the kick stand...

See ya soon.

Glad to see your ok Lo... wow I have had two tires go in the past. One was on my drag bike way over 100 but the bike settled down on the wheelie bars and I came two a stop on them. The other was totaly my fault, one spring when I had my V Max I did not check tire pressure for my first ride of the season. The front tire came off the rim in a turn under a bridge by my house. I almost got to paint the wall under that bridge with my body. Its spring once more check your tire pressure... Thanks for letting people know so they to can learn from you. You may have made a post that some day will save someone else as the post helped you.

max_on_wall.jpg

I'm glad you have returned home safely, Lo. I'll send off a prayer of thanks for your safe return.

Good to have you back home.

OUCH Lo! I missed this little story of yours...

I'm so glad you weren't hurt...that must have been scary as hell...kudos to the guy that posted about this; glad you kept your cool and stopped without incident...

Now, all of those riders that passed you best hope they never need the same kind of help!
mad.gif

You know I give you a lot of poop sometimes, but I do know where to put the brakes on (not during a blowout, that's for sure...). Anyway, we already spoke of this and you already know how I feel. I'm just glad you're O.K. I just have one question though. Are your drawers still useable or did they get tossed in the garbage?
rock.gif
tounge.gif
ices_rofl.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously though, I often wonder if I'm ever in that situation (GOD forbid...), will I have my wits about me and the Lord on my side? Hopefully won't ever have to find out either.

Brian

Back