High Beam as Low beam....Legal?

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
So in one of Pashnit's threads I noticed he always is using his high beam as his low beam, meaning that as the one always on. Any reason this would not be legal? I mean to make it effective at night I know you would have to aim it properly, but I like the look of the projector lit up moreso than the whole headlight, just never considered it before.

Anyone have input on this? Search turned up nada :moon:

To be legal though with stacked headlights the high beam needs to be in the bottom.. Although I've been running mine this way for along time.. HID in the projector and a LED bulb in the top for a DRL..

Sorry no pics..

I left mine in the factory position and did not adjust them after HID install.
I run both on all the time.
I do live in South Florida and even at 3am the roads arent dark so I cant say whether or not it would be a problem there but here I have not had one car flash me to turn them down or had any legal probs.

HIDs 020.JPG

HIDs 018.JPG

In the Iowa motorcycle handbook it recommends you ride with the brights on, I always ride with them on and have been waiting for a leo to pull me over so I can tell him its in the book mister:laugh:

In the Iowa motorcycle handbook it recommends you ride with the brights on, I always ride with them on and have been waiting for a leo to pull me over so I can tell him its in the book mister:laugh:

Just because its in the hand book doesnt mean it would hold up in court...

The Iowa 321.415 code (traffic law) states that a driver MUST dim their high beam lights when with in 1000' of a vehicle when approaching or 400' from the rear at all times.

It would all have to do with the aiming of the light for me...if I was approaching you and the high beam was above the low beam (as it should be) and you didnt dim it, you could be written up. (Not saying I would but, I do know a fellow officer that writes this violation often)

Best thing to do would be to look up your individual states traffic laws...

Source - Me = LEO, and Iowa 2007 Black and Gold Law book

Last edited:
Back