HID kits that work

For us lazy people..  
laugh.gif

Click me!!

All motorcycles should have HIDs -- mine kick ass light-wise, and I have enough watts left over to run more stuff, like my electric winter gear.

All motorcycles should have HIDs -- mine kick ass light-wise, and I have enough watts left over to run more stuff, like my electric winter gear.
I agree - I just finally got to ride mine to work today and tonight it was great and nobody gave the high beams either.
As far as saving watts your correct, I found that if the bike idles for exstended periods and the fan kicks on it will dicharge the battery so saving 20 watts rocks!

hid14.jpg

Welcome to the board Black&Bluebusa. Very nice looking indeed. Tell me, how difficult was the installation? From what I read on the website doesnt look difficult at all, also if can could you post some pics on the inside set up of your front nose fairing. Thanks again & Cheers Bro.
beerchug.gif

I'd be interested in hearing Ice's opinion on this kit. Also, I assume the 4300 degree bulb is the one that you'd want if you are going for light performance and not "looks", correct?

Welcome to the board Black&Bluebusa. Very nice looking indeed. Tell me, how difficult was the installation? From what I read on the website doesnt look difficult at all, also if can could you post some pics on the inside set up of your front nose fairing. Thanks again & Cheers Bro.  
beerchug.gif
Very easy - took less than an hour to install

Only had too trim adapter for H7 that comes with the kit

It has 4 tabs like the factory but there were alittle long so I trimed off about an 1/8 inch
Plenty room for ballist and starter fits behind gauges

It's easy if you remove your gauges!

hid16.jpg

beerchug.gif
Very easy - took less than an hour to install
*The HID bulb has the same base as the H7*

Only had too trim adapter for H7 that comes with the kit

It has 4 tabs like the factory but there were alittle long so I trimed off about an 1/8 inch
Plenty room for ballist and starter fits behind gauges

It's easy if you remove your gauges!
Here's another pic, small black box under gauges is the starter and it just needed 2 tie straps to hold it on.

Thank you  
beerchug.gif
and Happy New Year

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104550939 -->

hid16__2_.jpg

beerchug.gif

Sorry about being gone for so long, how's everyone.   HAPPY HOLIDAYS TOOO.

Wow, someone actually wants my opinion..... AWWW GEE THANKS.
smile.gif

Good lookin out for folks Black&bluebusa.  Welcome to the board too, sorry if Im a lil late with this.

REF the kit he posted about.  Kit is similar to most units out their.  Seperate ballast and igniter unit.

My .02cents.....

The kit will work fine in the beginning.  With busa vibrations if there is any problems the igniter will be the first to fail.  My experience with this type of kit is about 180 days of hard type riding failures will begin to surface.  This unit is like the other analog types.  For the money isnt bad but it has "EXTRA LONG" high tension wires to the igniter which on our bikes are not needed.  Now you have MORE wire that you cannot BEND, FOLD, CREASE, or CONCEAL very easily.  Cant shorten, lengthen, or otherwise have an easy time NEATING your work.  BE VERY CAREFULL IF YOU FOLD THIS TYPE wire.  It's like a spark plug wire or high current traveller.  If folded or LOOPED and create a "COIL" effect or a short if creased.  Solid conductor wire that thin tends to wear/break very easy SO DONT PINCH IT.  This is the first step to killing the ballast.

Kits that have custom Modified bulbs are hard to find to replace.  My kits did require some minor minor silicone but that was just a safety measure to assist with SOME FOLKS WHO POWER WASH THEIR BUSA WITH THE INNER PANNELS REMOVED.....

Ref the 8000K. It's cute but stick with the whiter lights if you ride at night. The bluer/purple the light the more filtering out is occuring. This is the part of the light you need most to see shadows etc. On a car it's a little different because the lights are closer to the ground as well as you have two that overlap each other thus lighting up the filtered area with more light. Besides in a car your not concerned with a bug hitting you or a small rabbit etc.

Hope this helps someone.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104708407 -->

Hey Iceman, Thanks for the info. I just wanted something that fits and with little mods. I saw some of the other installs and post about using glue guns and getting flashed from oncoming traffic in the middle of the day and I did'nt want that.

The 8000k is a little soft @ night but is much better than tha SilverStar I had in it and I hope it last longer than your saying - I did mount the ballist on the air intake so it wont get the vibration off the frame (motor,pot holes, ect) and it should be safe there from any high temps.

As far as the wiring goes, I really did'nt have any problems with the wires being to thick or too long - there's plenty of room behind the gauge cluster for a clean install .

Just so Im clear it's people like you coming up with a great idea and making it work, then there's someone with a company that made it a little easier for us lightweights, But I may be crying help if I start having problems.

Pat

Hey Pat, Im just glad you got one that works and the install wasnt too hatefull. Be glad to help anytime just yell. Curious at 8000K does it have the look of the Audie's you see coming at you kind of a colbalt electric spark (blue) or is it really white? The ads for that particular unit describe 8000K as bright "DIAMOND" white and I had know idea what they ment...

You'll be dodgin bugs before tooo long.
smile.gif

ICE

Hey Pat, Im just glad you got one that works and the install wasnt too hatefull.  Be glad to help anytime just yell.  Curious at 8000K does it have the look of the Audie's you see coming at you kind of a colbalt electric spark (blue) or is it really white?  The ads for that particular unit describe 8000K as bright "DIAMOND" white and I had know idea what they ment...

You'll be dodgin bugs before tooo long.  
smile.gif

ICE
More on the blue side Ice.  You can see the hid with the high beam on wich is a stock bulb - big difference

hid11.jpg

Yo Phatjoe it would take a Nancy drew and hardy boys mystery novel to describe whats kept me away from the boards. Glad to be back. Have a lot of "fixin" to do

JD

Back