Need help with installation please

Pop

Prairie Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Gentlemen.  I bought the following upgrade for my 2005 busa.  see link:

http://www.streetracerparts.com/index.a....ID=1613

Additionally as indicated on the page I upgraded to a digital inverter.
I tried to install this and had great difficulty.  The hookups of each gauge apparently hooks up to the digital inverter (they fasten together).  Also there is a red wire and a black wire (I think these should be hooked up to the battery for juice).  Now where does the black box (inverter) go?  Any help or pics would be greatly appreciated.  The instruction are totally generic and the suck!

<!--EDIT|Pop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110618665 -->

First of all, these gauge are sheeat! I have them and I highly recommend the blue gauges.com, They are a pain to install and for some reason, my temp gauge is faulty now(sometimes) The install is pretty straight forward as per the instructions, the only problem I encountered was getting the wires through the case without crimping them. You can get your power from the parking lamp harnness, it is automatic on when you swith the key to the on position.Good luck, PM me if you have anymore questions.NJ.

I vecroed the inverter control on the right side inner fairing panel, looks pretty cool at night.

Where does the digital inverter hook up to?  This is what I do not understand.

<!--EDIT|Pop
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110624876 -->

Pop, you got it yet?
rock.gif

Any issues with a '99 220 guage swap or a 220 face plate in regards to the needle not going all the way past the 185mph mark where the stock guage has the stopper on it at the 185 mark?

Reason I ask is that either on this board or another I read a thread where a guy had swapped to a 220mph plate and when he starts the bike up and the guages do their sweep up and back it would not pass the 185 mark after he installed the 220 face plate.

<!--EDIT|Bronze
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110764666 -->

I heard someone had that problem but don't know if they got it to work all the way with a yellow box install

Hey Bronze,

That was me. Even thought the stopper has been removed the startup sweep goes no further than the original 185 mph location. I'm taking the bike back to the shop to have the YellowBox calibrated, which has yet to be done, which may solve the problem.

Guys, just remember that the guage sweeps where it supposed to. It's just that the new 220mph guage has the 220 a little further than the original 185. The bike CANNOT DETECT A FACEPLATE CHANGE. A calibration by using a yellow box or SpeedoHealer along with some type of measuring device (i.e. radar or GPS) is the way to calibrate the speedo. I have the 220 guages from Speedhut and they are awesome. They simply just overlay your existing guages. And the removal of needles can easily be fixed. Just cut the tips off of some toothpicks (Rhythm's idea...) and color them with a black Sharpie. Carefully using a pair of tweezers and a dab of Super Glue, you can make your own needles. Just make sure the glue is totally dry before replacing the cover. If you replace the cover with the lenses too early, the fumes from the glue stains the glass and it will NEVER come off. Take it from someone who knows from first-hand experience...
biggrin.gif
I had to buy a whole set of guages just to get the lens off.
mad.gif
But Rhythm's toothpick idea works like a champ. I guarantee you won't be able to tell if those needles are stock or not. Cool thing about it is that you can color the needles any color you like. As if anyone would want to do something like that?
rock.gif
wink.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

Back