HID High beam

I am confused myself. Can ya post a pic or wes site cause I would like that hook up.

I am confused now ------- I true HID system  costs like 350.00 ? Or are you folks talking about a new high tech  replacment bulb that fits in the stock Busa socket  THNX  
rock.gif
What is untrue HID system, never heard of those...
smile.gif

I am confused now ------- I true HID system  costs like 350.00 ? Or are you folks talking about a new high tech  replacment bulb that fits in the stock Busa socket  THNX  
rock.gif
These are true after-market HID kits. They come with ballasts and igniters. HID kits for motorcycles cost about $200, depending on which temperature bulb you get. The group buy that's been going on is a really good deal because you can get a kit that includes two of everything for a couple hundred bucks and split the cost with a board member.

These do not use the stock socket.

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137084636 -->

Thanks, where can u buy these kits and what is the average temp bulbs people buy?? I have a black bike so I would love people so see me more but don't want to blind people or have them flash thier lights at me..

The only problem I had with my HID was that when you start the bike off/on, after awhile, it just won't come on... so what I ended up doing is swapping the electrical wires from low-high/high-low problem solved...

These do not use the stock socket.
Now I`m confused... I think they do use the stock socket.
What I meant was that the kits contain more than just bulbs that plug into where the stock bulbs go. Is that not correct? It's not a matter of taking out the stock bulb and replacing with the HID bulb, right?
That is correct.
smile.gif

HIS bulb fit in place of stock bulb (socket) and connected to the ballast.
bike electrical socket connected to the ballast.

1 minute plug in play..... much longer to place ballast behind fairing and secure it properly.

Thnx Vic for the link  
biggrin.gif
Also thanks to E.C. Starting to get uncornfuzed now
hot.gif
DRL's on my Busa work well at night too. 15.00 bucks

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137089470 -->

DCP_2963.JPG

Yeck now im confused.

Just kidding.

aftermarket hi intensity lighting in stock bulb location used to cost $$$$ not anymore.
smile.gif

OK.. Here is another illustration of my point.

Stock Benz HID, 4.3K color temp.
Can you see that visual spectrum of the light as close to day light as it could be.

Do you see how visible fog light are?
Wich one is more visible?
HID has 4 times light output of fog lights.

Best for visibility at night 4-6K HID
Best to be seen...... as far as possible from the day light spectrum. means ICEMAN YELLOW or whatever BLU/Violet

Conclusion: Low beam 4-6K
Hight beam 3.2K or 10-12K

I rest my case...
smile.gif

Picture_001.jpg

Thanks... Boy does it ever stop, buying stuff for your bike, LOL..
idea3.gif
biggrin.gif
I haven't even got back my income tax return yet but the money is already spent
rock.gif
1zhelp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I have 2 questions...

1st is it possible to adjust your low beam higher....my HID system is just not putting out the light i thought it would...It is brighter...but dosnt shine out far.
2nd on the start up problem...We installed the other system into my brothers 06 GSXr 1000. His FACTORY set up cuts the power to the light when you hit the ignition. Do you guys think it is possible to wire this outselves? Maybe use a relay and instead of the relay connecting power have it disconnect power and have the activation of the relay run off the power from the ignition power? Just a thought. Iceman you have any thoughts on this...you seem to be the standing expert.

Over all I am happy with the 6K light...just not the "distance" the light is being thrown. My brothers low beam is crazy bright on the 1000 though....actually bothers me in the day light when he is behind me. Anyho just my 2 cents with a few questions attached.

I have 2 questions...

1st is it possible to adjust your low beam higher....my HID system is just not putting out the light i thought it would...It is brighter...but dosnt shine out far.
Thre are 2 adjustment screws, one for up & down and the other for right and left.

I adjusted my HID low-beam higher so that the top of the focused area is as high as car/small truck side mirrors.

Really makes a difference, many more cars see me now than before. Just remember it is illeagal to have it pointed that high. Each state limits how high it can be pointed.

Hey anyone give a thought to my second question? And thanks Charles for the heads up on the headlight adjustment. I will get on that this weekend.

YOUR 2nd question was answered with a MANUAL SWITCH
tounge.gif

You could use the "starter button" output wire to trigger the relay's normally closed circuit to open or cut off during pushing of the button but the light would then be on any other time.  If the bike doesnt start the first time around and you let go of the starter and re-engage the starter your putting a heavy strain on the ballast.  I would personally use a seperate switch if your going to do one.

However you just reminded me of an idea I forgot I wanted to do using a latching circuit with the turn signal cancelling button to turn something on/off; (four way flashers) on my other bike.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137167305 -->

Back