Hi, new Busa owner here.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Hi, I signed up here a long time ago but never posted...ive wanted a Hayabusa for years and finally got one last wednedsay...PICS

Ive got 99 miles on it and I have had a blast so far, even though its been raining for the last few days.

I changed the oil yesterday for the first time (no filter) and am going to hurry thru these break in miles so I can get it on.

A few myths that I have gathered over the years have been shattered since I got this bike... for one its a very light feeling bike , it corners excellent and I am sure this is going to make an excellent twistie bike even though thats not what I bought it for.
Secondly , its still being broken in but under 5500 rpms its a very docile bike. I kind of expected something different...not sure exactly what but..
Third , after riding an upright SV650 naked for several years I expected the seating position to feel more agressive. It does not at all, it quite comfortable!

My first impression of the bike when I rolled it away from the dealer's lot was how comfortable it was...oh man , what a huge upgrade in suspension compared to my SV! A good suspention upgrade alone for the SV would have costed at least $1000 and thats only a GSX-R front end upgrade.

Welcome to the board... and congrats on your new bike
beerchug.gif

You will like being on this board
biggrin.gif

...and yeah, nice bike too! Love that color
cool.gif

...Oh yeah! keep us posted when you begin your mods
wink.gif

We are all mod crazy on this site here
tounge.gif

You will love it when you finally twist that throttle and feel the rush for the first time after she's broken in, welcome to the board.

Patrick

Welcome aboard! I just got mine last week, same color. You know that the RED one's are faster don't you?

I love red...some people dont but I do. I'll never get board of the color.

Also I believe its the first year for a red one so its nice to have a bike color that is not so common.

Its a Honda!
ices_rofl.gif

Seriously though, I feel like I am driving the Cadillac of sport bikes.
smile.gif
I am soo happy!  Welp I am off to work...yes I work Saturdays! : Gotta finish a Taurus tranny job and if things go well I might get off a little early so I can ride.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112453691 -->

smile.gif

Welcome aboard. I'm relatively new here too. Just wait till you break her in and see what all the talk is about:D

Welcome aboard man. You will find one other myth to be true now that you are riding among the elite......ONCE YOU GO BUSA YOU NEVER GO BACK! Just ask Bullet train.....he still has the busa urge even with his zx10! Haha. Had to bring u in there train

BentValve,
First off welcome to the Board.
I also just picked up my new 05 on April Fools day and ran it a 100 miles.
Doing the same thing as you going easy and scrubbing in the junk BT-56 they send it out with.
Nice Job dumping the oil so quick, I did the same thing last night when I got in with mine, but I sprung for the 11 filter too.
This is my 3rd one since 01 and I just can't get over that new bike feeling.
It seemed docile too me to being so kind and not revving it, but wait till you can.
The bike will loft and doing rolling burnout and pretty much anything else you want at the flick of your wrist and pull of the clutch.
Safe riding to you and nice looking bike.

congrats and welcome,at 250 miles change the oil and filter,and i think you have been given some misimformation,for 05 the black/silver repainted all black is the fastest,
tounge.gif
enjoy

Very nice.

There's nothin' like a Busa in the house
tounge.gif

Congrats and good luck with it
smile.gif

12000 rpm under a load several times and you will have ensured a good break-in. Don't baby that thing, that my friend will be a big mistake. Just my 2 cents

i dont understand how anyone can recomend that fast breakin
its the stopidist thing i have ever heard of for a street bike

Back