Hi Folks! Figured i'd drop by for an "Update"..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Still walking in the light..still going too 2-3 meetings a week..i'll be 53 on the 20th and have 1 year Clean & Sober on the 27th of this month...grandson is 9months old..and grandpa here's got a re-found love..re-became a member of Indian River Archers a few months back and joined ASA/IBO, bought a new bow..and here's the front range i practice at..that target butt waaaaay back there in the middle is 100yds...

range1.jpg

here's my last group of 4 arrows shot at a 20yd bull at 40yds..that X-ring is about the size of a large silver dollar..

range2.jpg

not too shabby for a 1/2 blind diabetic old man eh? LOL!

here's the arrows i make..buy the shafts and just fletch'em up..

omenfodder.jpg

and here's the sidewinder mount (for my old liquid mercury filled stabilizer) and wrist sling i machined and made up..

sling2.jpg

for my new speedbow..for hunting & 3D competitions..a P.S.E. Omen..

sling3.jpg

archerys been a great escape for me lately..very spiritual..gives me much peace and serenity and?..satisfaction as i re-hone my skills..old archery buds dropping by to see me again..and oren is still in the garage on a battery tender and i'm still wearing the cross Saiid (Blancabusa) gave unto me over a year ago..i'm very blessed and filled with gratitude these days and extremely happy that the insanity is over 24 hours at a time...much thanks to all who supported me in the early transitional days..i love you all and?..

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Great news Bill. So happy for you and your family. Your grandchild will also thank you when he grows up. Always here for you. Call if you need anything at all.

A riddle for you:

What used to be dirty and now is clean?
What used to be sad and is now happy?
What used to be lost and now is found?

You :) :cheerleader:

Great news!!! :cheerleader: Keep up the good work. We are all very proud of your strength and determination. :bowdown:

Cool

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Awesome, I love to shoot my bow, but havent had it out of the case in years.

Awesome Bill. I need to get my Matthews bow out and shoot it sometime, been about 5 years now. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm proud of you Jinks!

Keep up the good work.

I was an avid archer for 30 years or so. Enjoyed it immensely. I killed everything known to mankind with that dad burn bow. Haven't picke one up for a few years but I can certainly relate to your love of the bow. Takes skill and lots of practice to be competitive.

Keep us posted!

I wish we had an archery range like that, it'd give me a reason to get my bow out of my case

WOW! It's almost a year already? Keep it strong! Hope things are patched up between you and your family. That's usually the hardest thing to bring back together. And.... the longest thing to fix. :thumbsup:

Your news warms my heart, Bill !

I am so happy you are doing so well.

I think archery is a great hobby, one I would like to take up one day?

So, just stay the course, eyes on the goal (or target :laugh: ), keep the faith. You are a winner everyday now!

Congrats!!! Sobriety is such a wonderful thing!! Makes you really appreciate life more. Keep it up, stay the course and make your family proud!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hey, just saying to Lynne the other day I wonder how is Jinkster doing.
Grandson 9 months old, man that time has gone so quick. So glad your doing good, keep up the good work and keep shooting those arrows. So best wishes and love to you and your family. Dave.

Folks?..thank you so much for the blow out response here..warms my heart and?..let's me see just how far i've come..and since ya'll seem to be thirst'in for more of the benefits of my ongoing 24 hours at a time recovery from addiction?..and so ya'll don't think i'm totally self consumed by my OCD manifesting itself in archery?..here's a taste of how my families july 4th run-up went..which started out with an invitation to head out on my sponsors lil dinhgy..a 38' Regal Cabin Cruiser..full kitchen galley..fullsize bathroom facilities..two bedrooms..living area w/ flatscreen sat. TV and A/C...twin cummings 350 turbo-diesels and that's my youngest in the middle w/ my sponsor to the left (who owns a chain of rehabs as seen on AE tv) lucked out big time there and we are great friends..even though he rides a ZX14. LOL!

july41.jpg

we also brought snorkling gear and the waverunner..as my daughter and one of his daughters rode out behind us..

july42.jpg

he even let my youngest rachel work her way back in through the channel watching depth and using bow thrusters at the helm...and she loves that boat! LOL!

july43.jpg

and then it was too my parents for grilled burgers and dogs and some time with my oldest Candice and the grandson Riley James..

july44.jpg

i'm truely blessed..twice in my life..and after going clean & sober for 16+ years and then relapsing hard for 10 years with a family i knew i was gonna hafta have a kickazz sponsor..and when the student was ready?..the teacher appeared...and i hope you all are as fortunate and blessed as i have become once i came..then came too..then came to believe..many blessings to you all and?

L8R, Bill. :cool:

july41.jpg

Back