hesitates-chokes @ 2200 rpm

A TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) is a touchy subject on here.
I guess about 50% love them and 50% don't see any use for them.
A TRE simply allows the engine timing to think it is in another gear, all the time.
Mine, as most, is in 5th gear.
This removes the top speed restriction that factory 6th gear has (and that I am not really interested in) but also removes all the Timing Retardation in the lower gears, and lower RPM’s.
It is a plug and play part, so if you don't like it, you can just take it out.
Some say it does nothing, but some say as I do that it levels out the jerky, jumpy lack of power that you describe.
My bike ran like crap from new until I put one on so I am sold.
My recommendation is to try one – they are not much money, and see what it does for you. There are lots of different kinds out there.
I got mine here and he has a good explanation of how it works:

Ivan's Performance Products

Do a search and see what others have to say. It is a controversial topic on here.
It doesn't have anything to do with fuel or fuel mapping so you can leave the bike stock or go to a Power Commander etc. if you like.

So here it is, minute of truth
I did not have time to drop my baby off and leave at workshop for 2-3 days, so I did put brand new out of the box GIPro S02 made and design for GSX1300R Hayabusa.
DID some research first and to be honest, there are lot of guys and girls using similar gadgets and there is lots of confusion too about different products.
In my situation - 2200 RPM problem has been eliminated - Simple as that. I do run 5th gear map on it and no issues. Bike seems smoother from the word go, no hesitation or jerkiness as I had before. I dont know about extra power from the bottom till 50% throttle, but it seems more responsive and smoother than before. So here is a test. 30 min ride with default settings (no TRE) - it jerked or hesitated sometimes, idle - up and down (950RPM-1150RPM).
then 30 min ride with 5th gear map as I would go in the traffic (2200-2400RPM at 30-40 km/h - no problems. So in my personal opinion this little gadget helped, plus I can see what gear I am riding in case I loose count: laugh:
I don't want to convince anybody or say - get it is great, I just say it worked for me - that's it. very easy setup, as said before - plug'n go - 30 min job on 2005 Hayabusa. You may spend 3 hrs, if you like to install funky bracket to have it above clocks. As for me - over the watch with double sided tape until I find time to strip front out and mounted over dashboard.
PS
Using TRE and fixing some issues won’t stop me from checking coils and do TB sync. I wanna be on the safe side.
The best for all of you, thx for the advices and tips, I shall put them in place.
Have fun, drive safe and most important enjoy your Busas:thumbsup:
I am on my way to see how long will take me to brake 300km/h mark:devil:
cheers

So here it is, minute of truth
I did not have time to drop my baby off and leave at workshop for 2-3 days, so I did put brand new out of the box GIPro S02 made and design for GSX1300R Hayabusa.
DID some research first and to be honest, there are lot of guys and girls using similar gadgets and there is lots of confusion too about different products.
In my situation - 2200 RPM problem has been eliminated - Simple as that. I do run 5th gear map on it and no issues. Bike seems smoother from the word go, no hesitation or jerkiness as I had before. I dont know about extra power from the bottom till 50% throttle, but it seems more responsive and smoother than before. So here is a test. 30 min ride with default settings (no TRE) - it jerked or hesitated sometimes, idle - up and down (950RPM-1150RPM).
then 30 min ride with 5th gear map as I would go in the traffic (2200-2400RPM at 30-40 km/h - no problems. So in my personal opinion this little gadget helped, plus I can see what gear I am riding in case I loose count: laugh:
I don't want to convince anybody or say - get it is great, I just say it worked for me - that's it. very easy setup, as said before - plug'n go - 30 min job on 2005 Hayabusa. You may spend 3 hrs, if you like to install funky bracket to have it above clocks. As for me - over the watch with double sided tape until I find time to strip front out and mounted over dashboard.
PS
Using TRE and fixing some issues won’t stop me from checking coils and do TB sync. I wanna be on the safe side.
The best for all of you, thx for the advices and tips, I shall put them in place.
Have fun, drive safe and most important enjoy your Busas:thumbsup:
I am on my way to see how long will take me to brake 300km/h mark:devil:
cheers

Thanks for getting back to us.
Sometimes the TRE works well and other times the owner doesn't notice it much.
I am glad it worked for you. Quick easy fix.
Enjoy your Busa too and safe riding!

My '05 is doing the same thing exactly at 4500 rpm's, in all gears..I need some help too. if it were the plugs you'd think it would do it all the time. guess i'll start there

My '05 is doing the same thing exactly at 4500 rpm's, in all gears..I need some help too. if it were the plugs you'd think it would do it all the time. guess i'll start there

Another thing to try would be a fuel cleaner - BG44K or Seafoam etc.
Cheap way to eliminate the problem if it works.

Back