Gen1 hayabusa hesitation issues @ 3000-4000 RPM's.. need some help

Dansch06limited

Registered
Hey everyone, I dont post much on here because I usually find the answers i need in previous posts (thanks for all the info btw)... but this time I cant seem to find any specifics to help me figure out my problem.
First off, the bike feels like it loses power at 2500 RPM all the way to 4000 RPM & its only when I am using 1-10% throttle. If i twist the throttle more it takes right off no problem, and when it gets past 4000 RPM the hesitation goes away. Its very annoying, because any time i am driving in the city i have to deal with it and its always the same, its never less or more at times. So as to the motor mods, a full brocks alien head exhaust, pair valve gone, air box mod with just the flapper removed, PC3 w/ custom brock's street/strip map installed and the ATRE.
(I might be answering my own problem here) but I really started noticing the problem after I had the exhaust put on, map installed & airbox mod done, but since they were all done at the same time I dont know which might be causing it. I dont know what to think because everyone talks so highly about the airbox mod, the brocks systems & their maps so I dont want to think these things would be messing my bike up!
Unfortunatly I dont have alot of money to spend or lots of time to take everything off the bike one at a time to try checking what it is. the first thing I did was installed a basic map from brocks; but it didnt help- at all. So i called brocks, they suggested bad fuel, which later I found was NOT the issue, then they said have the throttle bodies cleaned and synced. Keep in mind they even re-sent me the street/strip map and I reinstalled it to the PC3 & the problem was still there. So I went ahead & had the throttle bodies done, when leaving the shop that day it instantly started to hesitate when it hit 3000 rpm's. :banghead:
So what I know so far is when the bike is "cold" the hesitaion would be very little if at all, that would only last 2-3 minutes though & the hesitation would come right back. The specific type of hesitaion feels like the bike isnt getting enough fuel when it hits 3000, it kinda bogs down then surges (if i stay at 1-10% throttle). Ive ran the bike hard WOT and it runs through the RPM's with no issue and no hesitaion at all.
If i forgot to mention anything that could help you understand what the problem could be please let me know! I would greatly apreciate any & all advice!! Thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

get it to a dyno, even though it's a map made for it, it might need to be tweaked right at that spot

Hey everyone.. First i gotta say i love this site!! Everyone is so helpful.. I am having the same exact issues as him. i have the same exact mods also.. i am really stating to think its the exhaust... mine sounds like its missing all the time and gargling. When i go to get on it it like jerks back than takes of ... like a stutter.. I have changed the plugs, taking it to the dyno, tried the brocks maps, even took the fuel pump out and cleane the filters... its still doing it.. one thing i can say is it didnt do it until i changed my stator cover but i dont know if that could be it...

Back