Hesitation, for a split second

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
At around 4000 RPM when I crack the throttle, I get a bit a lag/hesitation. Does not seem to do it (or at least its not noticeable) at higher RPM's, or if a gradually accelerate.

Any idea's what this could be?

I don't know why but mine has it also. My bike is a 2000 too.

Same here, mine is a 99, it seem to have slight hesitation, tought it was related to a poor ECM map. Probably need some PCIII and tune it right!
smile.gif

Same here. Ever since i swapped the stock cans for a set of D&D's. Need a proper tune I would assume.

I know when mine was set up (by the previous owner) everything was set up at the dealer who installed the pipe, so I doubt that's not the problem.

At around 4000 RPM when I crack the throttle, I get a bit a lag/hesitation. Does not seem to do it (or at least its not noticeable) at higher RPM's, or if a gradually accelerate.

Any idea's what this could be?
I noticed this on my '01; two things helped.
1. My 7500 mile throttle sync made it even less noticable,
2. Putting in a PC3 made it go away.

I know when mine was set up (by the previous owner) everything was set up at the dealer who installed the pipe, so I doubt that's not the problem.
If the dealer doesn't have a dyno, and/or you don't have a PC, I'm thinking that there isn't much they could have done except simple installation of the pipes themselves.

Two cures, take your pick:

Power Commander with a proper map.

TRE
What is a TRE??

I assume it's the competition for the Power Commander?

Update, checked to see if my PAIR valve was still in, and yes it is, so it was not removed when header was installed.
Timing Retard Eliminator, in tricks your bike into thinking it's in 5th gear so the Rev Limiter never kicks in.  Allows for the Busa to reach it's 200mph speed.  (Some say it works, others say it doesn't).  I did notice decreased backfiring when I put mine on with D&D bolt ons.  I get the same lag sometimes too.  Badly in need of a PCIIIR and map (near future perhaps).

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100031941 -->

The TRE primary function is the eliminate the timing retard that the factory put in the bike for gear 1-2-3... Timing Retard Eliminator. This can help on the slight hesitation in 1-2-3 gear but has no effect on later gear. Personnaly the lag is present at all gear, it is the fuel curve that is a little off when you start modding your bike. There is 2 solution
1. Get your bike to a dealer with dino tuner and remap your Stock ECU to compensate your current setup. (This is good if you don't plan adding anything else)
2. Get a PCIII and get it tuned by a tuner (This is good if you will install more mod)

That about it...

Back