Here's what I got!

FinalSpin

Registered
Yes,

I know, this has been asked several times, I've read the questions and answers to this for the last two days, but still don't quite get it. P.S., Im new to this mod thing, so I know I will sound like an idiot.

I ordered streetracerpart gauges. It came with:

1. Two sets of gauges, 185 and 220, plus fuel and oil gauge. (These gauges are like stickers, you peel off the back to reveal the stickyness)
2. Then it came with 4 faceless gauges with wires coming from them. 1 shaped for the RPM, 1 for the Speedometer, 1 for the fuel and the other for oil. These also have the peel off stickers on the back of them.
3. I believe the other item was an Inverter.

Okay, I figured this much. I pick the gauge I want, (220 or 185). Now, do I peel off the back of the face and stick it to the proper faceless gauge with the wires coming from it?
I've read the post, but you guys talk about two screws, are my gauges different, and use the sticky stuff instead??? Or do you use the sticky and screws??? Do I put the faceless gauge on top of my stock gauge, then apply the gauge face to the faceless gauge. Do I take off front crowl? Do I have to solter.

I know, sorry about all the questions, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has used StreetRacerParts, please help. I have a red 2004 limited busa. They told me that it came with instructions, but I don't call those instructions, they don't specify to the bike like the gauges do. Please help, asap.

Okay,

From a scale of 1 to 10 of gayness, this questions was a 17.4. I just thought I would ask. I promise, I'm a straight man.
I'll figure it out....

Stick the face you choose to the face part with the wirs but, make sure it is in the right positions. If there are two small holes in the new faces, then you can screw them down but, if not, I would stick them to the old ones. I have not used ones like that, you may want to call the manufacturer for specific details.

mark

Thx man. That's all I needed. They do have holes in them that line up, for the screws. I appreciate it. I know it's a simple project, but I just got my bike and don't want to do anything to offset the warranty.
Thanks again man.

I got them on mine . Take the screws out of the originals and screw the new ones on over the originals, you can use the stickems or not .

Back