Here's an up and comer to the race scene

Bike382

Registered
Org friends, this is my race friend from S.N.A.R.T. Racing. His name is Tom and he is probably one of the youngest fast guys in the country (he's the one in leathers).

He and I were able to talk his mom into letting him get his class B land speed liscense (175 MPH). I let him borrow my Busa to make his runs.

His first two were just shake downs for him to get comfy on the bike and the third for his 175+ run. He pulled 184 MPH on his third and final run of sunday.

He will be attending MMI to further his knowledge and love of motorcycles. I expect big things out of him in the future.

006_06.JPG

Here's Tom flying low and fast at 184mph.

The race Hindle header (I left the can off) can be heard from 1 mile away. But the music it makes as it passes at top speed is the most beautiful sound in the world. Truly breathtaking.

012_12.JPG

Last pic. I made sure to wear my org shirt during my runs for luck. It worked, four new records.

Thanks for providing the cool threads Cap, I will be ordering my hat soon.

004_04.JPG

Wow, thats awesome. I wish I could get a class A or class B land speed liscense...
sad.gif

My current record is around 180 mph (on the busa's speedo, not "actual speed"), but it was ummm... "unofficial". Anyways, how does one go about getting one of these licenses? Where do you go? Who do you talk to? What do you need? etc....?
rock.gif

Wow, thats awesome. I wish I could get a class A or class B land speed liscense...
My current record is around 180 mph (on the busa's speedo, not "actual speed"), but it was ummm... "unofficial". Anyways, how does one go about getting one of these licenses? Where do you go? Who do you talk to? What do you need? etc....?[/QUOTE]

Busaman, because you are in Florida, the Maxton, NC track would be your closest.

If you are serious about making a trip, email me and I can give you the info you need to prep your bike.

You can expect to spend about $175 to register for the weekend (unlimited runs) and about $100 to prep the bike (most of which is a one time cost). Some guys have made as many as 30-40 runs in a weekend, so its a great deal for the money. Liscensing runs do not cost anything.

Glad to see some interest in this. It is the most fun I have ever had. Wonderful feeling of friendship and brotherhood at the track. Very good people.

Thanks a lot 382. Unfortunately, the busa I rode was my friends, and there's no way he would let me use it again for high speed runs up in NC
mad.gif

On the other hand, I've already started saving up for my own busa, and plan to either get it by the end of summer, or wait and see the 05 models...
I really am interested in getting licensed though... I just have to be patient...
Can't wait for it, I'm sure it'll be a blast
biggrin.gif

By the way, out of curiosity, what do you have to do to prep the bike?
Thanks again for all the info. I really appreciate it.

Back