Helping an .oRg Member

What you guys wrote in the contribution notes is hysterical... :rofl:

Hey, guys...we're like $20 short...

Anyone else want to make a donation.

Every little bit hurts! :laugh:

If I can get four more people at $5/each...well, we could put this to bed.

:cheerleader:

Wouldn't it be easier just to pp him the money and let him go buy one? What I'm saying is I bought mine off ebay for 58 dollars tmd, Is it the best battery no, but it was all I could afford and it does the job.. :thumbsup:

Whole lot of of bail outs going on lately.. ???

Wouldn't it be easier just to pp him the money and let him go buy one? What I'm saying is I bought mine off ebay for 58 dollars tmd, Is it the best battery no, but it was all I could afford and it does the job.. :thumbsup:

Whole lot of of bail outs going on lately.. ???
I agree...but in addition...

Hey, bro; as I mentioned in your thread, as well...I'll be glad to help you.

In answer to your question, IMO, no...as a relative unknown on the board, people would rather see him get a battery than to send him cash (like buying the homeless guy a burger instead of giving him $5 (If you'll excuse the parallel)). Plus apparently he's 100 miles from anywhere.

And, as Vinny puts it, we're killing two birds with one stone. We get to help a member who has the spare battery to offer, and the member who needs it. Everyone wins.

In addition to all the fantastic donations, I'm still looking for four $5 step-ups to make this a done deal.

Anyone?

Jack? Vinny? If you'll both do $7.00, I'll do the final $7.00 and we can pay Ken.

Let me know and thanx in advance...:love: you guys.

If anyone else wants to step up, I'll gladly reject Vinny's and Jack's additional payments :whistle:

Thanks very much...trust me when I tell you I might be a little gun-shy next go-'round.

:dunno:
Don't be scar. This member is a serviceman who could use some help, even if he is new to the org. Those of us who gave did so because we wanted to, and felt that it was a worthy cause. Those who choose not to donate to a cause, or do not have the ability to donate, no sweat, don't.

I did it because he is in the service and there is not much I wouldn't do for a service member. New or not, I would take my battery out of my bike and send it to him if needed.

Don't be scar. This member is a serviceman who could use some help, even if he is new to the org. Those of us who gave did so because we wanted to, and felt that it was a worthy cause. Those who choose not to donate to a cause, or do not have the ability to donate, no sweat, don't.

I did it because he is in the service and there is not much I wouldn't do for a service member. New or not, I would take my battery out of my bike and send it to him if needed.

Very well said. My thoughts exactly.

DD

Well, thanks guys.

In sum: it's been an educational, enlightening, heartwarming experience. :laugh:

+1...i have gotten burned a couple times trying to help people out but i just figure karma will get them (and hopefully twice as bad)...in the meantime, i have been blessed many times over anything i have ever given! :beerchug:

So, taking the "Private" part out of a PM, I offer this, which was sent to me by the beneficiary of the battery, in response to my query about what his full name was so we could get it shipped properly...

Eric Patten is my name> Thanks again for taking the time out of your life to arrange this scar! Dont hesitate to let me know if you need any help with anything, I will glady help where, and when I can, to make everything smooth and hassle free as possible.

-Patten

I share that so everyone can see that the young soldier is genuinely grateful... which is really what makes what we do...all worthwhile.

Again, :love: all you guys. You're the best.

Back