Help with Video manipulation

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I have 82 minutes of video from my ride this weekend. Well actually TWO separate 82 minute videos.

I transferred the first one to my computer. in raw form it was an AVI file that was a little over 17GB's in size.

I then took a conversion program I have and converted it to a WMV file. Still good quality and knocked the size down a great deal, but it is still around 650mb's in size.

When I did the video conversion I select WMV for high-speed internet (DSL, CABLE ETC.)

Any of you video guru's know what format and settings are the best to use?

Nickslick - Any suggestions, of all the video people on the board you are the first one that comes to mind..

Thanks all for any help you can offer.

leave it in raw DV format to burn to dvd and give to yoru friends. if you wanna post for download, keep it anywhere from 5-50 meg TOPS! Edit out ALL the boring stuff - your 82 minutes could be reduced to about 13 I'm guessing, unless it's all On The Road. When picking a resolution to save as, it is always a comromise tween size and quality. Nothing you can do about that. If you can hit 30 FPS go for it but 15 will do in a pinch.

Sadly, I use Windows XP Movie Maker v2.0 and it lets me convert stuff to whatevefr size I want, reducing the quality of course. I'm very happy with the results. It takes 10 minutes to learn to use, cost nothing and has perfect quality. Don't run out and buy something untill you have used Movie Maker for a good hour.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087744511 -->

movie.JPG

I'd be interested in seeing your pocket bike vid wwjd
wink.gif

oh yeah, I shoulda uploaded that. the best footage is still in KC: rolling closeup footage!!! it's sweet but stuck in my freind's PC
sad.gif
I'll upload the PB video after work

Back