Help with buying new

Whats good amount over invoice to pay? I don't want to get ripped off but I am not looking to get the bike for peanuts either. This is my main problem. I have an idea of what invoice is but I am not sure how much to pay over that.
Well. I think I have paid around 300 to 500 over the invoice.

Also search google and ebay. You can also do a dealer search for dealers in a 250 mile radius. Can be well worth the savings.

Here in NC. @ sportcycles of rockingham, they have them for $10998. Just to give you an idea of price checks!

Here in NC. @ sportcycles of rockingham, they have them for $10998. Just to give you an idea of price checks!

Yeah I saw a few of those from NC listed on ebay. I am going to throw this price at the dealer when I go back in. I figure even if I have it shipped plus tax and title and all I would be around 12,500-12,700. So I think I will shoot for around 12,500 OTD at the dealer. Thanks for info guys.

Went to my local 'stealer' yesterday and they wanted 13,800 OTD! After a short discussion on my Busa as a trade-in (always maintained and stored indoors), they felt 9,300 with my bike was fair, but I didn't.

Check CycleTraderOnline, I found a couple 10,999 deals within a couple hundred miles but they were closed yesterday and my whim has passed.

Yeah I have been watching this one its saved in my craigslist favs. Only problem is I have 3 or more weeks to wait for the cash from my accident. Thanks for the info though.

Well just got some bad news yesterday. The insurance company of the guy that caused my accident is telling my laywer that the policy isn't as good as I was led to believe.:banghead: My lawyer is not buying it and is demanding that all paper work on this kids policy be sent to him to prove the amount. If in fact the insurance company is not bluffing then the kids policy is only worth about 1/3 of what my settlement should be. While the 1/3 is still a good amount of money there will be little left after I pay medical, all my late payments on other bills caused by this accident and the lawyer. Only thing that might help me is that my health insurance company has paid all the medical bills and has not put a lean my settlement nor have they sent me any notice to repay what they have paid out. In most cases they do. The accident was in march so they have had plenty of time to notify me. So I am :please: that this company is just trying to bluff me into taking less money so that they don't have to pay out or that I don't have to pay back my health insurance company. Which I think is crazy anyway. I mean I pay them over $800 a month for health insurance coverage. Why should I have to pay them back when I need to use the insurance. Either way I should have the money in the next 20-30 days. So the decision to buy new or used maybe mad for me.

Now don't get me wrong I know things could have been much worse and the kid could of had less coverage or even no coverage. Its just that I have been told for months by my lawyer that this kids company usually only handles comercial insurance polices and that in his experience with them they are usually good policies and it will be more than enough to pay me what I am owed. So it was a real kick in the teeth when I got the letter from the lawyer stating otherwise. Plus I am probably going to need another surgery in the future to have the hardware removed from my right hand so that is going to cost even more. Good thing I had all my gear on or I would really be in a mess. Cost of all my gear $800-$900. Not dead, brain dead, paralyzed and no road rash pricelss.:laugh:

Back