Help with buying new

roland5color

Registered
I have always bought used bikes from private sellers. This time I am thinking about purchasing new. I am looking at a getting a 2011 Busa. Does anyone have any pointers for me that would help me when I am trying to work out a price with a dealership. Or maybe some stories of how you beat down the sales man until he gave you a good price and some free goodies. Even what some of you have been paying OTD recently would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.

I get a copy of the invoice before I got to deal with them, that way I know what they pay for it.

Be ready to walk if you dont think theyre playing fair. Never be married to the vehicle.

Thanks for the advice guys. Keep them coming. What about this $500 doc and bla bla fee that all dealers seem to charge can I get around this? I see on ebay a lot were some dealers on there don't charge it.

I get a copy of the invoice before I got to deal with them, that way I know what they pay for it.

Whats good amount over invoice to pay? I don't want to get ripped off but I am not looking to get the bike for peanuts either. This is my main problem. I have an idea of what invoice is but I am not sure how much to pay over that.

I got mine for 12,100 otd. Some may reply with some stories as to how they got thiers, but thats just what i offered and got it for that lol I may have caught them on a good day or not but i thought it was a fair price and thats what matters is if your happy! Good luck and be sure to post pics!

definately will post pics. My local dealer is wanting $14000 OTD. Man you got yours cheap or they are trying to stick it to me. I mean I haven't counter offered or anything I just went in last week to get an idea of what they were asking.

Check dealers in nearby states too. Sometimes its worth it to travel a bit. Ask what they want otd then give then give them an idea of what you want to pay, never the other way around. Once you agree on a price start asking about a free helmet and gloves.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've built a good relationship with the local dealer over the years. I don't have to haggle to get rock bottom price. They know they will make it up in the parts and service departments over the next couple years.

definately will post pics. My local dealer is wanting $14000 OTD. Man you got yours cheap or they are trying to stick it to me. I mean I haven't counter offered or anything I just went in last week to get an idea of what they were asking.

Shoot Honda East Justin a PM about buying one. He's a sponsor here.

I've built a good relationship with the local dealer over the years. I don't have to haggle to get rock bottom price. They know they will make it up in the parts and service departments over the next couple years.

I have been buying my parts, gear and almost everything from this dealer for 5 years now. In the past they wouldn't cut me any deals on bikes so I bought used else where. Now they have a new sales manager and he gaurantees me that he will sell me a bike even if they don't make a dime on it to keep me coming back. Well from what I have researched and heard from you guys $14000 is way to much. I will have to start in the low $12,000s I guess and see what happens. I will also email Justin and see what he says. Thanks for the tip. Where is Honda east located?

I have been buying my parts, gear and almost everything from this dealer for 5 years now. In the past they wouldn't cut me any deals on bikes so I bought used else where. Now they have a new sales manager and he gaurantees me that he will sell me a bike even if they don't make a dime on it to keep me coming back. Well from what I have researched and heard from you guys $14000 is way to much. I will have to start in the low $12,000s I guess and see what happens. I will also email Justin and see what he says. Thanks for the tip. Where is Honda east located?

Ohio. Looks in the sponsor section and you will find a link to his website. He's a great guy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If you can buy VERY GOOD previously owned Gen IIs for under $8500, I do not see a compelling reason to spend the extra coin on a brand new bike. But for whatever reasons and you really must get a brand new one, I have read about guys getting $10,200 OTD.

FWIW, I bought an 08 last year for $8300 OTD from a local dealer (2500 miles, 1-owner, bike already modded with Yosh TRC s/o, Scotts steering stabilizer, ASV levers, lo-jack, etc.) I got my current 09 for $8200 from a private party (2000 miles, 1-owner, Heli-bars, Yosh R-77 s/o with PC 5, ZG Touring screen, Suz gel seat)

The deals are out there, just need patience and effort to find em. Best of luck.

I've been searching craigslist night and day with craigspal and I have seen several gen IIs between $8000-$9000. I would really like a new bike this time because I plan on keeping it for years to come. It would just be nice to own one new bike before I die. However If I can't get a new one cheap enough I will be buying used. In case you guys haven't read my other post I am waiting for a settlement from a bad motorcycle accident earlier this year so that I can buy another bike. My lawyer should be wraping things up in the next 3-4 weeks.

The sticker price here was 13,699 and i got it for 12,100 as said eariler, so you know they have room to move.

You have to be careful comparing out the door price between States. Some states require tax, title and tags be collected by the dealer and those are included in OTD while in others only the bike is included.

Shoot Honda East Justin a PM about buying one. He's a sponsor here.

I have purchased 2 bikes through his dealership then had them shipped to Florida. The deal was that good.
I would have purchased the third but the local dealer took my ridiculous offer. Good luck. There are deals to be had!

I was 12,900 out the door in florida Tax tag and title

Yeah my price includes taxes and everything. I think 12,900 is closer to what I will be paying. I think I can get them down from 14000 to 13000. If thats the case I will probably by used again. I mean $5000 buys a lot of tires, insurance and gear.

Whats good amount over invoice to pay? I don't want to get ripped off but I am not looking to get the bike for peanuts either. This is my main problem. I have an idea of what invoice is but I am not sure how much to pay over that.

I just made a deal on a brand new 2011 Busa today. I was able to walk out the door at $11,900. I had been working on them for about a week with everyday communication. Like everyone else has said. Be ready to walk. I walked out on them twice before I got the deal I wanted. I also made sure that I didn't just try and work with one dealer. At the same time, don't be rude to them while trying to get a good deal. I find that small talk and other things to lighten the mood when I won't budge on a price goes a long way.

Back