help with 2000 busa

koolkindaguy

Registered
i have a 2000 busa and it ran fine since i had it until a week ago it started sputtering and i put octane booster in it and it cleared it up then it started doing it again and i cant get it to clear up. some one told me that the 99 and 00 busa had a recall on something in the fuel injection some screen that gets clogged up i was checking to see if some one had this problem or can tell me how to fix it

Well you can drain your tank and just trace your fuel system from your tank to your injectors and check every connection for a clog. Take a peak at your spark plugs while you're at it.

There was a recall back in the day, call the mfg with your vin they can tell you if its been done or not... How long have you had the bike? What mods are done? When you say sputtering, you mean at idle, under throttle, all the time, etc... Not just as simple as what your post eludes without providing more details about your bike. I also have a 00 and she still runs strong! Hit us back with some details and I'm pretty sure we can point you in the right direction to at least eliminate some of the possibilities.

You should use injector cleaner not octane booster.  If you are close to stock, or if you do not run NOS or have a turbo do not use octane boost, it burns slower.  I would start with taken everything out of the tank, fill it fresh and start there.  Next if the problem is still there clean your injectors then check your fuel pump.

i know this sound crazy but i put my weed wacker oil in with a full tank of gas and it clear up the problem real quick and made it go real fast to. might smoke some but dont worry. my friend put 1 part diesel and 9 parts high test. worked for him but the plugs got dirty real fast. give it a try and good luck boss! GO BUSA!!!!

my 2k would run crappy at about 1/4 tank. a few weeks ago, I pulled the tank and took out the petcock... the screen was covered with crud. cleaned it with gas and a soft flux brush, taking care not to damage the screen. then I flushed the tank with fresh gas and put it back together again. cured the problem so far.

i know this sound crazy but i put my weed wacker oil in with a full tank of gas and it clear up the problem real quick and made it go real fast to.  might smoke some but dont worry.  my friend put 1 part diesel and 9 parts high test.  worked for him but the plugs got dirty real fast.  give it a try and good luck boss!  GO BUSA!!!!
Your right it does sound crazy......
wtf.gif

Putting any kinda oil in your tank sounds crazy to me be it 2 stroke or diesel fuel and dmn right the plugs will get fouled!!
rock.gif

Back