Help Wanted-- Mechanic/Shop Hand 30 Minutes North KC, MO

Ball Z Motorsports

Site Sponsor
Registered
Ball Z Motorsports is looking for a self motivated, dependable, energetic, outgoing and versatile individual. We are a fast growing, family owned custom sportbike shop. Mechanical experience in the motorcycle industry is required. MMI certificate is helpful but not required. General computer skills are required. The qualified individual must be willing to complete any given task presented to them on any given work day. Such as mechanical work on various motorcycles, phone technical support, shipping receiving, computer work, cleaning and anything that needs to be done in the shop at any given moment. We handle a large volume of mail order items and specialize in the Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle, knowledge of this bike would be very helpful. Work in a casual but fast pace atmosphere. Starting pay will be based on experience with the opportunity for raises and advancement depending on proven work practices. Call for appointment to apply in person at 104 E Maple St, Plattsburg (next to license bureau on the square). Phone 888-511-BIKE or Fax resume to: 866-496-4657

Good luck with your search but my guess is you will have a hard time finding a good mechanic that is also willing to be a gopher.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. But from past experience I cannot hire a mechanic to do strictly mechanic work from the get go. It would be different if we were hiring someone that will only do regular maintenance. Custom work cannot be learned in schools and takes a certain type of individual...if the person doesn't have the right mentality then they may not be able to learn to pay as much attention to detail as needed on our builds. The guy that changes oil and tires all day long at a Suzuki franchised shop cannot necessarily handle what we do.

A person can have years of experience schooling, good references and talk the talk. But when it comes to doing the work it is a different story.

So we choose to have an individual that is willing to prove themselves before having the job title as full time mechanic. Their is a lot of room for advancement and this will work out to be a long term career for the right individual.

Already had several interested just waiting on the right one to come along. In no hurry.:thumbsup:

Good luck with your search but my guess is you will have a hard time finding a good mechanic that is also willing to be a gopher.
yea no kidding.. my guys were $24 flat rate hour and complained if they had to walk across the shop... :laugh:

An older or retired guy looking for stuff to do might work well...

I would love to do something like this,check out my work-www.myspace/busabuilders.com then go to my pics. I currently work part time with the bikes out of my own garage, but could change if moneys right. I'll send ya a PM tonite. I'm just around the corner in Chillicothe. 25+ plus years with bikes of all kinds including dirt & 3-4 wheelers. Also a regular at US36 Dragstrip I currently have my own construction company but getting older and working on bikes is more love than work:thumbsup:

I would love to do something like this,check out my work-www.myspace/busabuilders.com then go to my pics. I currently work part time with the bikes out of my own garage, but could change if moneys right. I'll send ya a PM tonite. I'm just around the corner in Chillicothe. 25+ plus years with bikes of all kinds including dirt & 3-4 wheelers. Also a regular at US36 Dragstrip I currently have my own construction company but getting older and working on bikes is more love than work:thumbsup:

I think we have already met? Didn't you get a set of 06 LE bodywork and frame from me a 3-4 years ago? I recognize the last name.

Been here 1 day and already offering a Job

I told you this guy was the snizzle ( ok never used that word before )

This is true. Maybe you'd be better off finding a guy that had a little mechanical ability to do all the gofer stuff and move him up a little at the time. Just my thoughts.

Back