Help throttle tube

robbzemail

Registered
I need help installing the throttle side grip. I bought some black grips from Roaring toyz and im havein a problem puttin on the throttle tube if any 1 can tell me how to do it that will be much appericated.

haven't tried it myslef, but I've heard some folks using hairspray...not too sure if that'll be enough to keep the grip on the tube in the long run or not, though...

to clear up what i am having a problem with is these are billet so they have new holes for the cables and for the past 4 hours i cant get the last cable in the hole and i have come very close to just flipping out and pushing the bike over. please some one help me

I have not had mine off on the 08, but have done plenty of others.
Have you lifted the gas tank?

Man, wish I could help, but I have never installed billet ones. Dont lose your patience, take a break and come back to it later.

Loosen the cables all the way, rotate the throttle body by hand to gain more cable length.

i have the old ones off and i have lefted the gas tank and played with the throttle cables to try and give it more slack but everytime i get it close to goin in the stupid lead thing either doesnt reach enough or turns vertical so i cant slide it in. i have done other bikes but they have all been harleys. And this is the first time ive done billet on any of my bikes to bad i cant just air hose them on.

can you disconnect the cables altogether or rotate the throttle manually to gain more cable slack?

Thank you all for the help i finally got it after 6 hours. Got tired of trying and took a cut off wheel to it and made the side i couldnt get shorter then took a flat head and forced it.

Sounds like they are not the wright grips. I've installed a bunch of billet grips and never had a problem!

Back