HELP QUICK!

UNDRPSI

Donating Member
Registered
hey anybody know what these plugs are for?
rock.gif
(the red ones) i changed the spark plugs and i saw these plugs just laying there..... they do fit each other BUT i dont want to put them together and screw something up!! i wanna put it back together so i can go ride............

HELP!

my bike is an 02, i checked my buddies and his is an 01 and does not have that plug. hmmmmm?
rock.gif
??

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092872729 -->

MVC_562F.JPG

rock.gif

hmmm....good one. I had a 99, and I don't recall seeing those plugs. Perhaps it was from a previous mod or maybe for diagnostic purposes? Did the manual say anything?

Well, cropping the pic that tight on it doesn't help us figure out where it's supposed to be.
rock.gif
I think judgin' by the frame that it's below the tank just ahead of the hinge. Is that right? If so, I can lift my tank and see if mine has it. If not, I don't know where to look...

yes it comes out of a small harness in front of the cross brace that the shock is mounted to.... or call me at 479-522-8282 and i can tell you where to look...... thanks, train...... Joe

yeah, I'm with BT...get the pic a little bigger. AS for the manual, what year are you looking at? Is it the 99-00 manual or is it the manual for your year?

Ok, I stripped Da train half naked and found these red connectors in that area...

undrpsi_1.jpg

hm. weird! those are the plugs , but i dont have the other side anywhere in there..... thanks, ill go to the dealer and get a print out.

THANKS a BUNCH !!!!!!!!! knowledge is in abundance here...... thats what i call helpin a brother out!

JOE

Best I can tell the female (on the right in the pic) goes to the crank position sensor on the stator cover (clutch side) inside the yellow circle in this pic...

undrpsi_2.jpg

Train. do you have a pc3r?? i found the other 2 plugs and the were plugged into each other with the red ones left undone.....

anybody with an 02 and pc3r on here that can check for me?
rock.gif
?

PPPLLLEEEAAAZZEEE.... * begging*

i do have all 4 plugs, im just wondering if there was maybe a reason that someone unplugged it and bypassed what ever they control

From the install instructions on dynojet's site... You use these connectors ONLY if you have a PCIIIR with ignition control. It shows to be for years 2002-2004. Seems if you've got a PCIIIR and they ain't plugged inline, your map ain't controllin' the ignition.

undrpsi_3.jpg

Do you have a PCIIIR or a PCIII USB?
rock.gif
The USB instructions didn't include that part...

you are correct sir........ after going to the dynojet site .. i found what you are talking about.. the manual i got with my pc is for a USB , NOT a 3R!!!! packing morons!!! i got it and DAMN!! what a difference , no more lagginess inbetween gears and what throttle response!!!!

BTW: I also ditched the MOBIL 1 ( stupid CRAP)( noisy clunking in tranny) in favor of REPSOL oil. holy cow nice and quiet again!!!! anyone here using REPSOL???

you are correct sir........ after going to the dynojet site .. i found what you are talking about.. the manual i got with my pc is for a USB , NOT a 3R!!!! packing morons!!! i got it and DAMN!! what a difference , no more lagginess inbetween gears and what throttle response!!!!

BTW: I also ditched the MOBIL 1 ( stupid CRAP)( noisy clunking in tranny) in favor of REPSOL oil. holy cow nice and quiet again!!!! anyone here using REPSOL???
I thought the directions that came packed with the units had instructions for both.
rock.gif
I thought both the USB and the R were on mine and they had the little note at the bottom that I posted a shot of above. You sure you didn't just miss that note?
wink.gif

Anyway, glad you've got it sorted out now.
beerchug.gif

Back