New member TRE question

sportrider1296

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys, new member here.  I changed my oil and filter last night, lubed the chain, and decided to put the TRE off my TL on my busa.  All the models on ebay say they will work for most suzuki bikes so I tried it.  Big mistake cause I had to keep some throttle on it just to get it to start.  Basically it ran like crap.  So off it came, plug the factory connections back and it ran fine.  I plug it up under the tank on the left side of the engine underneath the air box.  Isn't this where its supposed to plug up?  Worked fine on my TL just brought the idle down a little when plugged up.  thanks for the help!

<!--EDIT|sportrider1296
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134572878 -->

Please change your font.  It is virtually impossible to read... and Welcome!  I'm sure someone will answer your tre question!

You tricked me and changed it before I could post...

<!--EDIT|jessup
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134573040 -->

ah-oh a TRE question.
laugh.gif

get ready,

someone will help you out

but some one is gonna ask who's gonna be first

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134573964 -->

I have a Christmas TRE in our Living Room  
laugh.gif

Just kidding, just stay tuned, someone who is WAY more knowledgable than I will show up and answer your question !

Gezzzzzz, had a TLR for years and never knew I had a TRE
xblueman.gif

no clue on that one, you'll find folks here that think they are great and others that think they are crap. can't help ya on that one but if it killed your bike, maybe its not for the hayabusa?
rock.gif
I know the Ivans one doesnt say TL1000 so could be the problem....but its a total guess on my part

And I dont see your name on the busa bash list.... you are a local, so you better be at the event
tounge.gif
cool.gif

Hey guys, new member here.  I changed my oil and filter last night, lubed the chain, and decided to put the TRE off my TL on my busa.  All the models on ebay say they will work for most suzuki bikes so I tried it.  Big mistake cause I had to keep some throttle on it just to get it to start.  Basically it ran like crap.  So off it came, plug the factory connections back and it ran fine.  I plug it up under the tank on the left side of the engine underneath the air box.  Isn't this where its supposed to plug up?  Worked fine on my TL just brought the idle down a little when plugged up.  thanks for the help!
Welcome. As for your question, the following was taken from here.
--------------------------------------------------------
Part Number TRE-002...$70.00 Fits all* 1998 and up EFI Suzuki EFI models
(*except 2005 GSXR-1000 & V-Strom 1000)

Part Number TRE-003...$85.00 Fits 1997 Suzuki TL1000S Only

----------------------------------------------------------

Since you didn't provide much info on what year TL or which TRE you have, I'm assuming you have TRE-003 and a '97 TL1000S. IOW ... that TRE won't work on Mr. Busa.

COME ON GUYS
THE TRE WILL ALWAYS BE PART OF THE BUSA DISCUSSION>

JUST LIKE STEROIDS AND PRO SPORT .

More speed more power more interest.

it might be bad for you bike/body but there will always be somebody that uses one.
biggrin.gif

To the new member, welcome. Well, since you didnt get an answer from the immortals. I will volunteer and say : Thats what it does . Make your bike run like crap.

Unless you have enough horses and about five miles of straight flat road to get to 200mph, just dont even worry about the TRE. Almost everyone on this board has one lying around in the garage somewhere that they installed and removed. It does make a difference if you are running a powercommander, because the dont play well together.

Unless you have enough horses and about five miles of straight flat road to get to 200mph, just dont even worry about the TRE. Almost everyone on this board has one lying around in the garage somewhere that they installed and removed. It does make a difference if you are running a powercommander, because the dont play well together.
biggrin.gif
I totally agree!!!!

thanks for all the help guys, and like you said who needs it anyway. When I finally got is running it through on the FI light, so off it went to the toolbox.

Welcome to the board and the Busa...

Ride safe and have fun out there.

As far the TRE... not even sure what it is.
tounge.gif

I would think that a TRE on a busa would ruin the aerodynamics let alone all the branches and leaves hitting you in the face!
wow.gif

Back