help please!!!!

haydennd

Registered
just came back from a 7 month deployment and my busa will not go into neutral!! i had it up on the stands and my wife started it every week to keep the fluids running through it. here is what i know:

- clutch safety switch is good. (ie i pull the clutch in to start it and it starts and runs good)
- kickstand safety switch is good (ie when i kick it up with it in gear you hear the fuel injection kick in)
- i removed the clutch slave and cleaned it, reinstalled and bled the clutch still nothing

basically when i start it up and go to shift into 1st the bike dies because its not in neutral. rasied it up on the stands and started it in first. with the clutch squeezed in it stays in gear. i cant get it to go into neutral. HELP!!!!!!!:banghead:

try bleeding your clutch again....make sure the push rod is seated right

the push rod is in the center of the rubber boot in the holding hole of the clutch slave.

You may just have air in the line...mine did somehitng similar once and i bled it again and it fixed it right up.

Get the bike on the ground and try rocking it back and fourth with the clutch leaver pulled in. The clutch fibers can stick to the steels when sitting for a long time.

Dude, I came back from a 6 month deployment and was in the same situation. Fortunatly during the deployment I bought a new clutch (amongst other goodies). I put it in and haven't had a single problem since with the clutch or shifting. Good luck and hope this helps.

Put the kickstand up .
Not trying to insult you but this was my first thought when I started reading this. It is amazing how many times this simple thing has been over looked. I am sure you have checked this and I hope you get it fixed

he says he had it up on stand and running in 1st gear and squeeze the clutch and it stayed in gear.....

I am guessing air in the clutch line.......I had the same thing happen to my 06, had a rough time at my first drag track day (Capn Greet) and shortly after put in on a dyno and when I test rode it I had no clutch lever...clutch was good, but no lever. Bled the system and all was good.

thanks for the info guys. if some of you had read my first post you would see that i had the kickstand up. nice one. bike runs like a champ now. before i posted i took a rubber band and clamped down the clutch and let it sit to get the rest of the air bubbles out. when i got home from work i rocked it back and forth in gear and then put it up on the stands and fired it up. turns out it was a combination of the slave piston being gunked up and the clutch fibers. thanks for the help everyone!!!!

Awesome. Glad to hear all is well! Now get out on the Open Road!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Back