HELP PLEASE MY 2000 gen 1 Busa in pieces!!!!

Im going to guess crank, rods, pistons and block are toast.... Tough luck. Busa motors don't consume oil.... not like that.

**** happens its my 1st crotch rocket!!! and my 1st engine rebuild ill be back on the street ina few weeks mark my words with oil this time im learning :)

The block is fine but yea everything else you mentioned is correct!!! And yes I was burning oil like that mostly from wheelies and blastin on the gas to here the purrrrr of the m4's. I also ride almost a 100miles a day 80 for sure on a normal!!!

I gotta question???? what type of rod bearings do I need if the code on the crankcase is

"BBBBB"
"W701 - 12124"

Suzuki Hayabusa Bearings

it depends on the rods... check out MPS - they can line you up. I know Schnitz and APE can help as well. I will have APE actually assemble mine. did you have a spun bearing? if so you really need to have the crank checked out.

Why yes I did!!! spun the bearings took the crank n rods in to a local race mechanic, he said they was a no go, so we got sumn else cumn!!!

I just gotta know why you thought an engine that goes from 0 to 11000 RPM's didn't like oil. I haven't been on in a while cause I been doing my own thing with life and all but seriously, why? I can't imagine someone buying a busa as their first sportbike and letting her run without lube.......

Adding used same crank with rods no bearings!

Please take your motor to a reputable builder who has done Busa engines before. It will save you a pile of money in the long run. If the bearings spun in the rods the bearings are junk. Also did the mains spin in the cases?

I cant help but still wonder.. the copper shavings I found wher did they come from exactly ?.... all the bearings on the crankshaft are silver!

Take and shave the silver off of another stock bearing and you will see gold under it also.

Back