Helpppp!!! Busa probs!!

flippnswitchez

Registered
So my busa only has 10,000 miles on and has NEVER been abused while riding today it spit and sputtered a bit then in about a mile down the road i noticed a loud knocking noise. I immiedately pulled into a parking lot and when i pulled in the oil light flashed really fast repeatedly. I shut the bike off as soon as i had it stopped and now it will not start back up. Any ideas? the oil was just changed it and it and it does have oil in it. before today the bike had showed no signs of anything wrong nor has it acted up in any way.:please::please::please::please:

Sounds like the oil light came on not because of the level, but a loss of oil pressure. Sounds bad, sorry man.

Drain the oil into something that you can examine it in. (clean to start)
Take off the oil filter, and cut it open and see what is in there.
May give some clues.

Drain it and look at it. Pull the pan and look in the oil pickup also. I will bet you a cheeseburger you have spun a rod bearing.....

I'm a sucker for purple. That is a nice color scheme. In the mean time, set the bike in 6th gear and push the bike. The crank should spin easy being in that tall gear or the back wheel just skids, you have a seized engine when that knock froze up something.

Now, are you saying it cranks over with the starter motor and if so, forget the 6th gear try. You are down to about 3 things to look for:

1. Spark.
2. Fuel pressure.
3. Voltage at battery 12.4v ~ 12.8v or better.

Say you tap it in 1st gear and can move the bike easily. Then compression has been lost is your 4th variable to a no start scenario, basically speaking.

And to see damage real fast as in a rod bearing being wasted, you remove the oil filter, cut into the wrapping, pull the pleats apart and look for silver aluminum bearing vomit along with the brass chips that bond the aluminum layer onto the bearing insert.

So, once you remove the wrapper, "You gonna eat your cheese paper?" :poke: :rofl:

Back