HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! 05 BUSA CLUTCH ISSUES DUNNO WHERE TO START

TheBusaBoss97

Registered
I just bought a 05 busa that only has 10,940 on it. Well while riding it home from purchasing it( 30 miles) I noticed as I rode it gradually felt like it was loosing power, by the time I made it home I couldn't go more than 8 MPH ALL THE POWER WAS STILL THERE it would Rev up and shift gears just fine but wouldn't GO! So I just parked it and decided to mess with it the next day.
So the next day I go out cranker up get on shift in the 1st and start to go and everything's seems fine That isn't until about 10 minutes later when everything got Warm. So at this point I determine its the clutch But whenever the bike cools down and it's cold it engages just fine once it gets warm it just sits there in thes and you can go forward Not sure if it's the clutch master cylinder the clutch slave or if I need a whole new clutch kit and I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting to determine what it is I need please help

I just bought a 05 busa that only has 10,940 on it. Well while riding it home from purchasing it( 30 miles) I noticed as I rode it gradually felt like it was loosing power, by the time I made it home I couldn't go more than 8 MPH ALL THE POWER WAS STILL THERE it would Rev up and shift gears just fine but wouldn't GO! So I just parked it and decided to mess with it the next day. So the next day I go out cranker up get on shift in the 1st and start to go and everything's seems fine That isn't until about 10 minutes later when everything got Warm. So at this point I determine its the clutch But whenever the bike cools down and it's cold it engages just fine once it gets warm it just sits there in thes and you can go forward Not sure if it's the clutch master cylinder the clutch slave or if I need a whole new clutch kit and I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting to determine what it is I need please help

Welcome, sad to hear of your woes...we seem to be getting quite a few people come to us with new to them purchased bikes these days which have problems.....I guess they are getting old now...

If it works when it's cold, I highly doubt your issue will stem from your MC or slave, it will be time to tear into the clutch and check it-check the springs and pack for thickness. and just like @VNE mentioned, get an oil change done to be sure....who knows what's in there....

Here are the manuals in this thread:

10W40 in the engine? ..change the oil to be sure.
Clutch springs inspection
Clutch pack inspection
So I changed the oil made sue 10w-40 was put In Then I bled the clutch put in fresh dot4 and my clutch seems to be working as it should but now when I'm accelerating the bike Jerks in all gears if I barely use throttle it's fine but as soon as I try to open up the throttle it has a violent intermittent jerk that feels like its going to buck you off, what could be causing this?

Car

So I changed the oil made sue 10w-40 was put In Then I bled the clutch put in fresh dot4 and my clutch seems to be working as it should but now when I'm accelerating the bike Jerks in all gears if I barely use throttle it's fine but as soon as I try to open up the throttle it has a violent intermittent jerk that feels like its going to buck you off, what could be causing this?

Car
It could be fueling or spark at this point....does it bog down a little then jerk?

I guess there's no codes on the dash showing up?

How's the clutch working when you first start off, is it smooth engaging?

hmmmmm - open the clutch master´s reservoir and clean the 2 holes you can find at its bottom
one is open, free to see, the other one is a bit covered under a silver cap - bend the cap a bit upwards and u find the 2nd hole.

to "clean" the holes cut´n pull off the isolation of a small copper wire of , drill some 3-4 cables of the wire together and use that as a driller.

one of em is made to let the fluid stream back into reservoir when you release the lever,
and if that hole is clogged the pressure you built up in the system by pulling the lever some 3-10 times while riding the 1st 10 minutes, the pressure can´t expand into reservoir and the clutch opens / slips / slides.
the sleeve´s piston moves and stay "out" and clutch can´t work correctely.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

(btw- that issue also can! happen at each other hydraulic system like the brake. !)

Back