Help.... NEED VALID ADVICE PLEASE

ICEMANN

Registered
I am needin some help with me engine and tranny wooohs.

I have an 01 with 15,000 miles on it. I was experiencing some 2nd gear headaches and at first thought it was my clutch. I replaced the clutch to figure that wasnt it.

I of course have the bent shift forks, shafts, and problem gear dogs.

So while deep inside them guts I have new interesting delemas. Cant figure how but I have em.

My main bearings are pretty much fried yet the rod bearings are perfect. So gotta replace those. Is it pretty much stock here?

Going to go ahead and upgrade to the high volume oil pump by THM to help out here.

Found that the crank shaft has pits on it. Similar to water but probably factory. Hopin that can be "smoothed" over.

Replacing various gears and having them back cut.
Replacing 1st gear and the shaft gear it connects with.

Found my cams are "rounding" over for lack of a better word from a non mechanic here. I can probably get another season out of them but might as well replace them while im in here.

Also discovered my radiator mounts have "split" at the welds and my oil cooler dropped down so it needs replaced.

HELP:

Which cams do I go with. Have a pretty much stock bike that seemed pretty strong. 178RHM when dynoed. Have K&N filter, full hindle exhaust, pair sucker mod, pcII w/custom map of course. No other motor work done cept fance plugs. Use higher octane fuel inspite all Ive read. Use synthetic oil Moble 1.

So which cams should I consider, I dont race but hell might as well beef her up a little and get remapped. Anyone got a nice set they can part with so I can save maybe the arm or the leg but not both.

Also changin the cam chain and checkin the tensioner while in there.

Any input and thoughts really needed.

ICEMANN

Back