Help calm me down

All it takes is one lame ass fugger to order something from a dealership and then never pick it up to screw the rest of us. Sux, big time.

Our local stealership USED to be really up front and helpful. They knew us and would order what we wanted, over the phone even and then call us when it came in. Then, they were bought out by an even larger stealership and now they won't do that any more. Company policy. Same people at the counter but nope. We trusted you before but no longer.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I feel your pain, Bill.

--Wag--

mad.gif

mad.gif

I called the stealership Wednsday for a battery for the busa, nope, not one in stock but we can order and have here for you by Saturday. No big deal, wasn't going to be riding anyways, but I'm sure this battery fits more than one model, so why not have them in stock. Anyways, $90 later she's purring like a kitten this afternoon.........Now if the temp would just get above freezing.
smile.gif

1.Ronayers.com  is a great place for the little stuff and you can look up the part numbers yourself .

2.It's not uncommon for dealers not to stock every nut and bolt for every bike .

3.Also , a fuel filter for a 2003 Hayabusa is a rather uncommon item  as well
biggrin.gif
1. Thank you.

2. I understand...knew i'd be a longshot and wasn't surprised they did'n't have it...but...oddly enough though they carried several universal aftermaket bolt kits....in colors no less...room on the shelves for that eh?

3. Really?....well...if that's the general thinking 'round here?...then that explains to me why we have the occassional "FI Light Came On" annnnnd..."Failed Fuel Pump" threads/issues.  

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Dude , you might want do some research on what your calling a " fuel filter " for the post 1999 models before you go any farther  
biggrin.gif
well?...I am looking at a downloaded 1999-2000 model manual so...obviously your curt response infers I'm missing something here but why keep me in suspense?...spit it out man...is there NOT a mesh screen filter (or any type of in-line fuel filtration) in the post '99 models?

L8R, Bill.
rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Bill, I left a message on your cell. Give me a call back and I'll run that bolt over to ya. As far as the filters, Give Donnie a call in Ft. Pierce. 489-8009

THANK YOU FOR CALLING. YOUR CALL IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US. CALLS MAY BE MONITORED OR RECORDED FOR GREATER CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE LISTEN CAREFULLY TO THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS AS OUR MENUS HAVE RECENTLY CHANGED.
IF YOU ARE CALLING FOR STORE HOURS, PLEASE PRESS THE ONE KEY.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OUR LATEST DEAL ITEMS, PLEASE PRESS THE TWO KEY.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON IMPULSE SHOPPING OVER TWENTY GRAND AND WISH TO SPEAK TO A SALES REPRESENTATIVE, PLEASE PRESS THE THREE KEY.
IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON SPENDING LESS THAN TEN GRAND, PLEASE HANG UP AND CALL OUR COMPETITORS.
IF YOU WISH TO BE PLACED ON HOLD AND LISTEN TO GAY MIDI MUSIC FOR 10 MINUTES UNTIL THE MENU REPEATS, PLEASE PRESS THE FOUR KEY.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO TEH MANAGER ON DUTY OR LEAVE A MESSAGE IN HIS VOICEMAIL, WHICH IS MOST LIKELY, PLEASE PRESS THE FIVE KEY.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE TRANSFERRED TO A DEPARTMENT OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU ARE ACTUALLY NEEDING, PLEASE PRESS THE SIX KEY AND THEY WILL ASK YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO, AND PLACE YOU BACK ON HOLD.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HEAR TEN OTHER AVAILABLE OPTIONS INCLUDING WEBSITE INFO, FAX NUMBERS, PIZZA HUT COUPONS, AND RELATED VENDOR CONNECTIONS PLEASE PRESS THE SEVEN KEY.
IF YOU WISH TO BE ACCIDENTALLY DISCONNECTED AFTER SIX RINGS, FOLLOWING ME TELLING YOU TO HOLD FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE REPRSENTATIVE, PLEASE PRESS THE EIGHT KEY.
IF YOU HONESTLY LISTENED TO ALL THESE MESSAGES AND ARE STILL ON THE LINE, YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND WE DON'T WANT YOUR TYPE BUYING FROM US. PLEASE HANG UP NOW AND DO NOT CALL BACK.
THANK YOU FOR CALLING!

Sorry bout that! I hear ya JINX, they do that at my local shop too!!!!
Customer Service should be relabeled: Customer DIService anymore

Bill, I left a message on your cell. Give me a call back and I'll run that bolt over to ya. As far as the filters, Give Donnie a call in Ft. Pierce. 489-8009
Thanks! and folks?...Member Dakine2 here just swung by my house 10 minutes ago to hand delver me a new fairing bolt...and get this...here's the good part...it came from the very same stealership I called this morning!!!....according to Dakine?...there's but one (1) of the 1/2 doz or so folks behind the parts counter that even know they have them...and weeks ago?...Dakine had to show HIM where they were at! LOL!!!

Thanks again my huge brother from another mother!
biggrin.gif

Thanks to you?..My Silver Beast is now "Whole" again.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Apparently they don't trust you or you wouldn't have to pay up front to order?
This genius parts guy told me they usually keep them IN STOCK. Why would I pay him up front?

No trust can be developed in a relationship that doesn't exist,
but, I would NEVER trust these numb nuts..............

Happy you have a dealer worth patronizing
smile.gif

Huge is right..............Dakine2 is a good dude.        
smile.gif

P1010068__Small_.JPG

I agree with you.  I never give the dealership my business, unless I have no other choice.  Buy the goods online, and be done with it.  Dealerships here in Vegas, NEVER have parts in stock.  Its a joke.  I wait for them to order it?  I just order it myself.  Its cheaper anyway.
+1 I can relate!

Almost EVERY Parts counter now is 100% down for any ordered parts. Why there was no Oil Filters? Dunno, makes no sense, the Busa filter is used almost across the board suzuki wise. Prolly got a New kid on the phone, or there is something else going on...

If you've never worked at a dealership and you've never been behind the counter, on the other side of things then I'd invite you to STFU though! Seriously. Motorcycles are personal and you all need to remember that and remember that your specific bike is just another collection of part numbers. ALSO remember that most parts counters will have guys that specialize in a Catagory. Dirt Guys, Street Guys, Sport Guys etc... It's allways fair to ask if there is someone there that knows sportbikes...

Say a Dealer deals with the big four Japanese, well then you have Dirt bikes, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, Water Craft, Quads, and maybe a couple of Sleds as well. Then take ALL the Models for Each year, Then Pull that back through Time for 20 or so years and yeah you get A55hole pinheads all day that are pissed because you don't Stock a part that has NEVER been ORDERED in the HISTORY of the Dealership... Huh, Imagine that...

Damn Cannot imagine WHY a Dealership cannot stock at least two of EVERYTHING for what 4manufacterers X 5different Catagories X5 different models in each catagory Xoh say 500 parts on each bike X10 years even, are ya doin the math? I am fellas, lesse I am not too good at it...

OH YEAH 5 MILLION Fuggin Parts to keep track of... And Each and EVERY Customer expects you to know their bike as well as you do. OR they expect you to be telepathic, It's mind numbing. And THE BEST PART? EVERY FUGGIN customer through the door expects a discount, or to be treated as special because they ride an "X" or a "Y" bike. It's comical the attitude some folks have and I hate to admit it but it's the sport bike guys that are the worst. Walking in like the dealership owes them something, its a fuggin crock. Do you walk into Albertsons expecting a "SCAM" HA HA HA, or do you ask for Money off at the Fuggin Checkout??? They have let all this "STEALERSHIP" crap get into their heads and show up with a chip on their shoulder looking for the $5 part that they "suddenly" discovered was missing defensive all the while because they are afraid, or threatened or some shid...

If some of you spent some time at the dealerships, got to know the guys, show up regularly and don't act like your gods gift to motorcycling you'll find 99% of the dealerships will start treating you like a buddy, NOT as a customer. It works try it! The guys recognize you, they'll learn your name and they'll look out for cool new stuff and deals on parts...

As for saving a few bucks via the internet? Good luck if ya order the wrong part, best wishes returning it, and don't forget to factor in shipping. But spend all of your time shopping online and using the Term "Stealership" and see who comes to the rescue late on a Friday when you have a mechanical problem and you call up at 1830...k

The dealership is there to help, there to get you what ya need, 99% of time if ya drop the attitude and treat people like they want to be treated you'll get a LONG ways... ARE OEM parts expensive? HELL YEAH, but it's the parts that keep the lights on, dealers make maybe 8-9% on major units, not enough to keep the lights on, so apparel and accessories is where it's at. Not to mention when your shopping locally your supporting YOUR community not some bastards in NJ. (No Offense Jersey Folks)

FINALLY, NOBODY AT THE DEALERSHIP CARES THAT YOUR ON A BUSA. IT'S JUST ANOTHER INEXPENSIVE SPORT BIKE!!!! Don't expect Champagne treatment when your in there buying Pepsi all day. Just expect fair, and Friendly, show up and treat people like you want to be treated, loose the attitude and understand that your part is one of a few million possible parts and things should go swimingly.

Almost EVERY Parts counter now is 100% down for any ordered parts.  Why there was no Oil Filters?  Dunno, makes no sense, the Busa filter is used almost across the board suzuki wise.  Prolly got a New kid on the phone, or there is something else going on...

If you've never worked at a dealership and you've never been behind the counter, on the other side of things then I'd invite you to STFU though!  Seriously.  Motorcycles are personal and you all need to remember that and remember that your specific bike is just another collection of part numbers.  ALSO remember that most parts counters will have guys that specialize in a Catagory.  Dirt Guys, Street Guys, Sport Guys etc...  It's allways fair to ask if there is someone there that knows sportbikes...

Say a Dealer deals with the big four Japanese, well then you have Dirt bikes, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, Water Craft, Quads, and maybe a couple of Sleds as well.  Then take ALL the Models for Each year, Then Pull that back through Time for 20 or so years and yeah you get A55hole pinheads all day that are pissed because you don't Stock a part that has NEVER been ORDERED in the HISTORY of the Dealership...  Huh, Imagine that...

Damn Cannot imagine WHY a Dealership cannot stock at least two of EVERYTHING for what 4manufacterers X 5different Catagories X5 different models in each catagory Xoh say 500 parts on each bike X10 years even, are ya doin the math?  I am fellas, lesse I am not too good at it...  

OH YEAH  5 MILLION Fuggin Parts to keep track of... And Each and EVERY Customer expects you to know their bike as well as you do.  OR they expect you to be telepathic, It's mind numbing.  And THE BEST PART?  EVERY FUGGIN customer through the door expects a discount, or to be treated as special because they ride an "X"  or a "Y" bike.  It's comical the attitude some folks have and I hate to admit it but it's the sport bike guys that are the worst.  Walking in like the dealership owes them something, its a fuggin crock.  Do you walk into Albertsons expecting a "SCAM" HA HA HA, or do you ask for Money off at the Fuggin Checkout???   They have let all this "STEALERSHIP" crap get into their heads and show up with a chip on their shoulder looking for the $5 part that they "suddenly" discovered was missing defensive all the while because they are afraid, or threatened or some shid...

If some of you spent some time at the dealerships, got to know the guys, show up regularly and don't act like your gods gift to motorcycling you'll find 99% of the dealerships will start treating you like a buddy, NOT as a customer.  It works  try it!  The guys recognize you, they'll learn your name and they'll look out for cool new stuff and deals on parts...

As for saving a few bucks via the internet?  Good luck if ya order the wrong part, best wishes returning it, and don't forget to factor in shipping.  But spend all of your time shopping online and using the Term "Stealership" and see who comes to the rescue late on a Friday when you have a mechanical problem and you call up at 1830...k

The dealership is there to help, there to get you what ya need, 99% of time if ya drop the attitude and treat people like they want to be treated you'll get a LONG ways...  ARE OEM parts expensive?  HELL YEAH, but it's the parts that keep the lights on, dealers make maybe 8-9% on major units, not enough to keep the lights on, so apparel and accessories is where it's at.  Not to mention when your shopping locally your supporting YOUR community not some bastards in NJ.  (No Offense Jersey Folks)  

FINALLY, NOBODY AT THE DEALERSHIP CARES THAT YOUR ON A BUSA.  IT'S JUST ANOTHER INEXPENSIVE SPORT BIKE!!!!  Don't expect Champagne treatment when your in there buying Pepsi all day.  Just expect fair, and Friendly, show up and treat people like you want to be treated, loose the attitude and understand that your part is one of a few million possible parts and things should go swimingly.
Rev...can I interest you in some decaf there bud?
tounge.gif

Almost EVERY Parts counter now is 100% down for any ordered parts. Why there was no Oil Filters? Dunno, makes no sense, the Busa filter is used almost across the board suzuki wise. Prolly got a New kid on the phone, or there is something else going on...

If you've never worked at a dealership and you've never been behind the counter, on the other side of things then I'd invite you to STFU though! Seriously. Motorcycles are personal and you all need to remember that and remember that your specific bike is just another collection of part numbers. ALSO remember that most parts counters will have guys that specialize in a Catagory. Dirt Guys, Street Guys, Sport Guys etc... It's allways fair to ask if there is someone there that knows sportbikes...

Say a Dealer deals with the big four Japanese, well then you have Dirt bikes, Sport Bikes, Cruisers, Water Craft, Quads, and maybe a couple of Sleds as well. Then take ALL the Models for Each year, Then Pull that back through Time for 20 or so years and yeah you get A55hole pinheads all day that are pissed because you don't Stock a part that has NEVER been ORDERED in the HISTORY of the Dealership... Huh, Imagine that...

Damn Cannot imagine WHY a Dealership cannot stock at least two of EVERYTHING for what 4manufacterers X 5different Catagories X5 different models in each catagory Xoh say 500 parts on each bike X10 years even, are ya doin the math? I am fellas, lesse I am not too good at it...

OH YEAH 5 MILLION Fuggin Parts to keep track of... And Each and EVERY Customer expects you to know their bike as well as you do. OR they expect you to be telepathic, It's mind numbing. And THE BEST PART? EVERY FUGGIN customer through the door expects a discount, or to be treated as special because they ride an "X" or a "Y" bike. It's comical the attitude some folks have and I hate to admit it but it's the sport bike guys that are the worst. Walking in like the dealership owes them something, its a fuggin crock. Do you walk into Albertsons expecting a "SCAM" HA HA HA, or do you ask for Money off at the Fuggin Checkout??? They have let all this "STEALERSHIP" crap get into their heads and show up with a chip on their shoulder looking for the $5 part that they "suddenly" discovered was missing defensive all the while because they are afraid, or threatened or some shid...

If some of you spent some time at the dealerships, got to know the guys, show up regularly and don't act like your gods gift to motorcycling you'll find 99% of the dealerships will start treating you like a buddy, NOT as a customer. It works try it! The guys recognize you, they'll learn your name and they'll look out for cool new stuff and deals on parts...

As for saving a few bucks via the internet? Good luck if ya order the wrong part, best wishes returning it, and don't forget to factor in shipping. But spend all of your time shopping online and using the Term "Stealership" and see who comes to the rescue late on a Friday when you have a mechanical problem and you call up at 1830...k

The dealership is there to help, there to get you what ya need, 99% of time if ya drop the attitude and treat people like they want to be treated you'll get a LONG ways... ARE OEM parts expensive? HELL YEAH, but it's the parts that keep the lights on, dealers make maybe 8-9% on major units, not enough to keep the lights on, so apparel and accessories is where it's at. Not to mention when your shopping locally your supporting YOUR community not some bastards in NJ. (No Offense Jersey Folks)

FINALLY, NOBODY AT THE DEALERSHIP CARES THAT YOUR ON A BUSA. IT'S JUST ANOTHER INEXPENSIVE SPORT BIKE!!!! Don't expect Champagne treatment when your in there buying Pepsi all day. Just expect fair, and Friendly, show up and treat people like you want to be treated, loose the attitude and understand that your part is one of a few million possible parts and things should go swimingly.
Rev...can I interest you in some decaf there bud?
tounge.gif
Sorry Man, Just some residual parts guy dust left on me...

Telling ya though, it's not an easy gig...

But yeah, decaf might be best....

Autozone and pepboys seem to always have what I have needed over the years. How do THEY do it?

Rev...cool...np...we all have our moments and sensitive spots...but only my wife knows where mine are...and I swear...sometimes I think my nipples are hardwired to my labido.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

Now...will someone please straighten me out on this inference that there's no freaking fuel filter in my FI'ed busa?....is this true?...cause I find it rather difficult to digest...then again?....I'm new to FI'ed bikes but...still...please don't tell me there's no inline fuel filtration anywhere's between my tank and injectors...please...say it ain't so.
sad.gif

I also great really angry with dealers who are willing to take your money for a 12000.00 motorcycle ,, and by the way.. why cant they stock every nut and bolt and washer... I think if they are going to be a dealer and asked that MSRP. for bikes and rip you off for that labor charge on a service, that the manufactor should pay for . then they should have the parts to go with it... and thats just my 2 cents worth.. thank you.

I'm also more than a little sick of the stealership not stocking basic maint. parts. I understand they can't have everything on the shelf, but they should be able to supply filters and brakes for a model that's been in production almost unchanged for 7 years
tounge.gif

Oil filters are almost universal for big Suzuki's, so there is NO excuse for that.

I go to wal mart and get the Fram filters, and buy a 1/2 dozen at a time. With the Rotella Synthetic
biggrin.gif

For other stuff, if the stealership has to order it, well I can too, and it comes shipped to my door from bikebandit.com

I would like to give the locals the money, but I am just tired of being pi$$ed off by them. Oh, we forgot to order it, it hasn't come in yet, he's out to lunch, etc.

Fug 'em if they can't take care of you
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: "fat fingers"|1142727349 -->

I have to say my local dealership is pretty good with parts. I have never had to put a deposit on anything he didn't have. He even matches tire prices from the internet. He knows that he can't make any money that way but he wants to take care of his customers. He doesn't ass-rape me on tire changes either. I've never paid more than 45 bones for both tires to get changed. Overall, I give him a 9 out of 10 in the service dept. His sales people are another story altogether!

Back