Help 3000 rpm!!!

chickenstripes

Registered
I was driving on hwy and on exit ramp tried to stop at the light, but the engine keeps rev 3000 rpm.I have GiPro but im using it as gear indicator. its hapenning in neutral and in gears, with clutch on also.
easybutton.png

Start with the basics. Make sure your "idle up" lever in not on.(choke lever) On older carb bikes,....leaving the choke on after warm-up would cause a super rich condition making the bike run like crap,.......the idle up on the Busa is no more than slightly twisting the throttle open and holding it there. If that is not your problem,......then remove your seat,......and tilt your gas tank up,.....and support it with the "tank support" rod located under your hump. Look for anything causing the throttle to stay open. (hose,wiring..anything out of place.)

Bike not running,......twist the throttle open and close while looking at the throttle linkage and thottle stop. There should NOT be a gap where the throttle linkage touches the idle screw.

Look for any vacuum lines that could not loose. At this point,.......if you have not found anything,.......you might need to seek service from your dealer.

i checked choke level first thing at the light, it was in off position, rpm doesnt react to it right now...
I will go threw everything you said.Thanks

Back