Need some info/help with a trans problem

02bluebusa

Registered
It has happened a couple times and both times I didn't know what gear I was in in but I believe it has happened in between 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th but when I up shift it is like it goes into neutral (green neutral light doesn't come on of course) but I let off the clutch and hit the gas and it revs up. I pull clutch lever back in and up shift and it goes into gear no problems. This has happened 2 or 3 times. Any clues?

Ive had several bikes do the exact same thing. Its called a false nuetral , work on ur shifting technique. Sounds dumb but make sure u get it all the way in gear every time firmly. I had a 08 cbr bought new and it would do it occasion when it had very low miles so im sure nothing was worn out. Also had a 954 that did it on occasion. Seemed to do it more when i up shifted early.

On the Gen I I was bad about doing this between 1st and 2nd and 5th and 6th. You might need to adjust the shifter and you absolutely have to kick the big girl into gear like you mean it.

I also remember it happening if i was to let the rpms drop real low between shifts. Like a lazy just cruising type shift..

Honest to God, I've had a 95 900rr, an r6, an r1, and my busa, and ridden a few others and never had a false neutral BUT I'm NOT saying it can't happen. Sounds legit to me

Duke, how many miles did you put on the Busa before tearing her down? It would happen to me if I was getting it. The bike would actually throw the green light between 5th and 6th.

If you search older threads 2000 - 2007 you'll see it mentioned a lot.

I put a whopping 4500 on her. I know, that ain't shizz, but my 900RR had over 30000 when I sold her and the R6 had 22000. The R1 had 12500 but I only put 3500 on her. I couldn't stand the seat and ergo on it.

I put a whopping 4500 on her. I know, that ain't shizz, but my 900RR had over 30000 when I sold her and the R6 had 22000. The R1 had 12500 but I only put 3500 on her. I couldn't stand the seat and ergo on it.
No, if you had said 450 it would have been different. More than likely you just kick the bike into gear like you mean it and will probably never experience a false neutral.

Pull left rear set completely apart, clean and lube, then reassemble. If that doesn't work tranny likely needs work...

probly looks like these

phone 022.jpg

phone 023.jpg

Mine has done ot a couple times between 5-6 shift. My buddy called it a ghost neutral. I adjusted my shifter and started making sure it was in the next gear before letting out the clutch. Hasn't happened since. Every time it happened to me is when I was lazy shifting

It has happened a couple times and both times I didn't know what gear I was in in but I believe it has happened in between 3rd and 4th or 4th and 5th but when I up shift it is like it goes into neutral (green neutral light doesn't come on of course) but I let off the clutch and hit the gas and it revs up. I pull clutch lever back in and up shift and it goes into gear no problems. This has happened 2 or 3 times. Any clues?

Like others have said. Very common problem specially on genII busas. Mine had 5 miles on it when I rode it off the lot and It was a constant problem until I hit 5000k miles. The 5th to 6th was the worst but, it only did it when I was "lazy cruising" like you call it and I tried to shift to 6th before reaching 60mph. It made an awful grinding sound. There's a couple of threads about here. Just my .01 cent

Back