HELP!! 02 busa doesn’t like traffic

DAHAPPY1

Registered
Hello ALL,
I’m having overheating problems in traffic with my 02 busa. I’ve been reading about engine ice, muzzy fan blades, adding a fan, ect. I think I’m gonna try the engine ice first and if that doesn’t work I’m thinking about adding a fan. I think I can get a used fan for the price of a new muzzy fan blade.
Questions for the family. Will two stock fans cool better then one muzzy fan? I see the newer busa’s have dual fans. Should I look for a dual fan from a newer busa? Or just get one like I already have and add it on? Also is it normal if the bike is hot in the red and I turn it off, should the fan cut off with the key?? On my zx11 the fan will stay on till the bike cools then the fan will cut off.(Which makes sense to me.) Look forward to the feed back.. Thanks in advance

My Gen II fans will cut off when I turn the key off.
As for the dual Vs single muzzy, I don't have a clue, but the experts will chime in shortly.
Bubba

dual fans is much better than just one with an luminum blade stuffed in it. Since your bike laready has a few years on it I would make sure first that the entire cooling system was up to snuff. Always make sure you "burp" the system or you'll always have over heating issues no matter what you do.

The fans don't stay on when you turn the ignition key off. I think they stay on if you were to only use the engine kill switch but I'm not sure anymore. Leaving the fan on could be a bad and cause the battery to run low.

i ran a lead with an line fuse to the fan temp switch from the battery so it stays on now with ign off :thumbsup:

I am with commuta_ busa the fans will not work if you turn the ignition off but if you turn the kill swich on they'll work that's normal bubba and the other question for the other guy that has a 02 busa i assume the two fans do work better their is more cooling power for your engine for sure but you can try to get a temperature swich at pep boys for a honda accord betwen the year of 99 an 03 one of those years and make a transplant to your bike that's what i did with mine but the trick is going to be the connector pep boys dont' sell it, you have to go to the junk yard to get one total spend 35 bucks @ most put in a new engine ice fluid you'll should be ready to roll brother lest hope this tips will help to fix the problem it make sense never let your bike get to the red.
Good luck!

God bless.

or u could always just make a manual switch for ur fan/fans.. where u can turn it on when ever u want and leave it on how ever long u want too?

I vote for all solutions, dual fans, dual muzzy blades and flush the system with some engine ice. I went as far as putting in a temp gauge in the water line with a PVC T fitting so i can read actual water temps. much more accurate than cold/warm/hot.......

Commuta_busa…. Yup she has some age on her. Every things seems to be working well. When i change over to the engine ice i will make sure she’s burped. I would agree leaving fan on would drain battery. However cooling the engine till the sensor turned it off would be a plus.

Delbert…. Think i would do the same if it comes down to it

prayer warrior… question for you by changing the sensor it will make fan come on sooner correct? How will that make it cooler? That’s just buying a little more time before i have to hit the shoulder.

Icemansid…. Hope the engine ice is the key

Last edited:
Back