Engine Stutter

jbryson3

Registered
I’m in need of a little help. More often than not, when I hard accelerate in first the engine stutters two or three times, then I hit second and still go w.o.t. and all seems to be fine from there. I’ve searched for similar problems and think tip over sensor or some connections may be the problem? Any advice before I start troubleshooting?

What year is your bike and how many miles does it have? I know you probably don't want to hear this but mine was doing that about two years ago and it turned out to be that first gear was starting to go. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong. If I'm right it will only get worse longer you ride.

Last edited:
What year is your bike and how many miles does it have? I know you probably don't want to hear this but mine was doing that about two years ago and it turned out to be that first gear was starting to go. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong. If I'm right it will only get worse longer you ride.

It’s an 06. I hope that’s not it, but with further reading that’s kind of what it’s starting to sum up to be. I still haven’t had a good chance to really start looking into it. I guess I’ll have to start researching undercutting.

Back