HELMETCAM:  Dinner Ride 6-18-2003

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Went on the bi-weekly dinner ride and taped the whole thing with my helmetcam. Here's a few pics. Beautiful weather all night for riding thru the country side's twisty roads, a couple of higher speed drags, a police car followed us doign 50 for about 25 miles. Rode out to Steak Center in State Center Iowa. Cook your own meat on a huge grill. The cruisers were up front so I didn't get much of them on film. It's sponsored by a local SUZ/KAW shop. Fun had by all, much networking. Found some local sunday riders to hook up with.
Starting out:

dinnerride6_11_03_004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how to self inflict leg cramps:

dinnerride6_11_03_018.jpg

"Is that cop still back there???"

dinnerride6_11_03_046.jpg

Ooops! Forgot front brake was still on.

dinnerride6_11_03_064.jpg

200 on the speedo??? ummmmmm maybe not

dinnerride6_11_03_068.jpg

grill'em up! or "STIMPY! FETCH ME A GLASS OF MEAT!!"

dinnerride6_11_03_103.jpg

... tummy's full.... cool sky.... heading off into the sunset.

dinnerride6_11_03_129.jpg

$375 Samsung SCD23 DV camcorder with a wide angle AND a fisheye wide angle lens [don't ask!] duct taped to the side of the helmet. Half inch foam tween cam and helmet for vibration, cam wrapped and taped inside a baggy for water or bugs, tape over mic to cut excessive wind noise, manual focus set to distant for wide angle, digital stabilizer on, cut wind noise turned on, I need to set white balance also cuz the color shifts with the lighting. One UV lens protector on front that I use as a bug and rock protector, lens cleaning fluid and lens tissues in pocket. I'm gonna work on a velcro strap down thing soon. The video looks alot nicer than those stills. They're gonna play it in a loop at that local shop I think.
I learned with the fisheye, I have to ride a LOT closer to other riders to see them close enough. I will try mouting facign rear next time to catch other riders head on but wonder what cornering will do.

dinnerride6_11_03_019.jpg

Back