Hello Busa World From The Uk

Cheers!

I suppose the sensible quesiton is "what do i need to know?"

I'm sure there's a thousand things I'm going to discover over time... but first up... safety. Recalls, gotchas and warnings.

I'm mostly 2-up and we didn't get a busa to doodle about. For example, I saw there were a few issue with the sub frames on the early first gen.. any such probelms with the Gen2? Is the mrs gonna disappear? :devil:

(hmmm... I think I might mean seat rail or seat frame or something :confused:)

Last edited:
Hi there , your Gen2 subframe strength is fine for most 2 up riders , especially if both participants are around average weight . I'd recommend to refresh your brake fluids and perhaps new quality HH pads fitted , and get a full service done to make a fresh ownership start . If your bike doesn't already have them , braided brake lines and even a aftermarket quality front master cylinder will transform your braking , but this is a personal choice , but again recommended .
Hopefully the bike has good tires already fitted , if not invest in a good set , this forum has plenty of good advice on this subject . Try not to ever overfill the petrol tank , the overfill pipes exit on the right side under the bottom under cowling , just before the back wheel , and when you tip the bike cornering right , the over spill can coat the tire in certain instances . This is only a worry if you overfill , never otherwise . Hope you enjoy your Busa , really is a fantastic choice , excellent engine , huge predictable power spread , gobs of usable torque , very good real world handling , does everything very well , even two up .
Cheers

Cheers!

I suppose the sensible quesiton is "what do i need to know?"

I'm sure there's a thousand things I'm going to discover over time... but first up... safety. Recalls, gotchas and warnings.

I'm mostly 2-up and we didn't get a busa to doodle about. For example, I saw there were a few issue with the sub frames on the early first gen.. any such probelms with the Gen2? Is the mrs gonna disappear? :devil:

(hmmm... I think I might mean seat rail or seat frame or something :confused:)

Buy her a Corbin passenger seat with a backrest.
No excuse if she falls off then:D

Back