Helibars

wingman1800

Registered
will the Helibars ....the ones with 1 5/8 inch rise work with 2009...any new hoses needed? and what about clearance??
thanx
tom

They work fine, I have them. If the hoses are too tight, just remove them from the restraints in front of the triple trees.

They work fine, I have them. If the hoses are too tight, just remove them from the restraints in front of the triple trees.

Yup, thats what I had to do and they work fine. BTW Heli told me GEN 1 wont fit the GEN 2. The price is up quite a bit from the ones I bought a few years ago for my 03 Busa. I did an 500 mile trip a couple weeks ago with out the Heli Bars and just did a 400 mile trip on weds with the new Heli bars. That little 1 5/8 makes a huge difference. :thumbsup: Worth the $200, much less back pain. :)

I've got 'em on my '08--shouldn't be any different on the '09. Only modification I had to do was release some cablels from their holders on the triple--I love'em!

MY Heli's are on the way..... Got'm from a site Sponsor, StreetnTrack, Great deal, quick service! cant wait to install!

Last edited:
I love my heli bars have done a lot mods to bikes in the past but this one has been the best

Sorry had both sets of bars here yesterday now one fitted and one returned. Pretty sure you could just place bars in place and find position that suits then mark and re slot for holding bolts. or just find some one with some Gen II and copy slot positions. If it had not been for a customers bike I would have re slotted them. But customer paid for Gen II so got what he paid for as it should be. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
??? I'm curious...would you say the final position of the grips after installing would end up being identical for the GenI and the GenII?

I guess what I'm asking is - Is the tripletree top plate that the bars mount into different?

Is the reason for the difference in the Helibar due to a redesign/update to the previous GenI Helibar as their attempt to improve the product or to keep it the same after installation?

Hope I haven't asked confusing questions. :lol:

Back