Busa505

Registered
first pic is just with one inch risers
2nd pic is a reg left bar and a right helibar
3rd is both helibars
4th is a diff view of both helibars n the one inch risers
and it feels really good too
beerchug.gif

Silly Q, (maybe) but going that high, are you going to cut your screen for side to side clearance?

yes it lowered it a inch in front and i lowered it about 3/4 in the rear .........and it barely barely touches the windscreen so no biggie
beerchug.gif

You will definitely need to clearnace the windshield for your switches. I have a Tall Genmar/Helibar setup with a ZG ST shield and I had to re radius the lower corners of it to clear.
beerchug.gif

this is a pic of the handlebars n windscreen ..it m isses the switches and barey touchs the grip so for me its fine i never turn the bars all the way when i am driving
beerchug.gif

5_helibar_clearance.jpg

Kewl, when you get it finished up and cleaned up give us some full shots. Did you mod the stand
rock.gif

Mine felt pretty weird after putting in the spacers. I still think I liked it better stock for handing, but the 1" makes it more comfortable on the back.

Been about 800 miles since the switch and I'm starting to forget what it used to feel like.

I have a similar set up as well... i have the 3/4 risers and helibars... love the feel. Needed to bring the bars a bit closer to me cause i've got a short reach. One of those vertially challanged people... 5' 6 3/4"
wow.gif

I have the exact same setup but my brake fluid reservoir cap makes contact with my Puig DB screen when I turn all the way left. Now I've been looking for the 3/4 in risers.

When you have the risers and the helibars installed do you need to mod any of the lines (brakes, clutch) other than rerouting the choke line under the tank?

yes i rerouted the choke cable under the tank and all the other cables n break line n clutch line fit fine
beerchug.gif

(Busa505 @ Aug. 30 2007,12:25) first pic is just with one inch risers
2nd pic is a reg left bar and a right helibar
3rd is both helibars
4th is a diff view of both helibars n the one inch risers
and it feels really good too
beerchug.gif
Hey,
Where did you get the risers?

Back