HEELS ON THE PIPES!

RILEYDSKING

Registered
I JUST INSTALLED BUELL PEGS ON MY '07 AND NOW MY HEELS REST ON MY PIPES,I HAVE YOSH.SLIP ONS AND THE LOWER VERSION OF THE BUELL PEGS.DID I GET THE WRONG PEGS OR IS THIS HOW EVERYONE ELSE'S BIKE IS?IT FEELS LIKE MY FEET ARE IN A 45: ANGLE JUST SO I DON'T BURN MY BOOTS UP(ONLY SIZE 10).ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE APPREACITATED!! THANKS!
dunno.gif

I think mine do, but I wear boots, so it's not a worry.

You're not wearing gym shoes, right??

Welcome to the board, but stop shouting!

well you could kick off the caps key (CAPS=YELLING) and yes if your heels touch the pipes they will leave marks or melt your heels... a bit of steel wool will clean it right off

Sorry about the caps!!it is usually on. i have alpins stars too. i have not rode the bike yet to see if they stain,but if it will clean right up i won't worry.

Mine leave a mark too, wearing boots. I have been looking for some type of CF heal guard. I have seen other bikes with something like this. No luck yet.

If the Buell pegs don't work for you, try a set of TL1000 pegs. They'll give you about 1" drop from the stock pegs. PM vman1300 for them if you decide to go that route.

you'll find that your feet move too frequently for things to start melting.
you can also try moving your feet forward an inch or two....it's florida, we don't see enough turn to keep out toes on the pegs all the time.I have had my buells for almost three years now...I have never melted a boot of left a mark on my pipes, stock or aftermarket.
and I wear a 13/14 boot.

I have buell pegs on my 05 and i dont have any problems with hitting the pipe. size 13 boots also.

I have the buell pegs and angle my feet so they don't touch, natural riding position for me, never had a problem touching the midpipes...dunno

and I'll just say, if you do happen to get some random crapola on your pipes, steel wool is good but too much effort for me
laugh.gif

Here is the lazy man approach
cool.gif
Ride around the block a while, get them nice and hot and use easy off oven cleaner... spray on, wait, wipe off. If you have something really stubborn you can break out the wool
beerchug.gif

well i went for a long ride today and no stains!!my feet don't really touch the pipes too much.it seemed like they would be on them more when i was just sitting on them in my garage when i did the install,but all is good! big diffrence in comfort!!!! i also have 1 1/4 bar risers so i am now ready to tour!! thank all of you very much for your imput! now if i could just hear a set of hmf dual high mounts.....

Back