Heavy Duty Output Shaft

like sleeper said... if you've got the case split already it's good insurance. If your engine is already together than don't worry about it.

I'm running an R&D in my bike. I worked directly with Mark @ R&D and it was taylored to my needs so I'm not sure if it is what MSP calls a "race cut".

+1 same here. :thumbsup: Mark is the man.

I'm running an R&D in my bike. I worked directly with Mark @ R&D and it was taylored to my needs so I'm not sure if it is what MSP calls a "race cut".

If you go with R&D Mark first rips everything apart (he prefers you send everything unmolested and as a complete assembly), he inspects every piece and then consults with his customers directly to determine what they need and don't need. As an example the last one I sent to him had a shift fork that was bad. Well, it still worked but during his inspection he found the crack. He sent it to me so I could see the damage myself and replaced the fork with a new one. Mark is the only one who gets my trans. I only recommend R&D for trans work.

I have the second gear problem so Im going to replace the forks and shafts and drum Does R&D have a Core Charge? would like to limit downtime

I have the second gear problem so Im going to replace the forks and shafts and drum Does R&D have a Core Charge? would like to limit downtime

I bought a complete low mileage transmission and shipped it for the work. Once you get it back and install, sell your old one to someone for a core. In my case I was able to buy a unit that had a perfect drum and forks. You want to buy billet shift shafts regardless and toss the OEMs.

You might also consider an 08+ unit with the bigger shaft.

Back