Need help !transmission

Bruce B

Registered
Hi guys,i have a problem with my Gen ii,i suspect the output shaft,please advize.
-Riding the bike,when u tap on and tap off the excellerator,it feels like the drive chain is very slack,it feels like the output shaft has too much rotational play in it.bike selects gears fine,no chain slack,clutch is fine,cush rubbers are fine,no shudder,no noises.Stripped the clutch side , hub etc,all is fine .But when i rotated the clutch shaft i measured approx. 70 degrees of rotational play on the shaft, is this normal.
When riding the bike the slack feeling in the gearbox feels similar to a front wheel drive car with a worn engine mounting.I actually doent enjoy riding,a scary feeling waiting for something to snap.Please share your opinions.If it is the output shaft or clutch shaft,then what could be the problem with it?it feels like too much play between the output and clutch shafts.
Thanx so much

In what gear?? Most likely your 2nd gear is worn out....just have to cut it...if you had the clutch assembly out and moved the shaft by hand with the bike in gear there is some play on the shaft...roll it in second hard if it spins first and then grabs that's your problem.....

In what gear?? Most likely your 2nd gear is worn out....just have to cut it...if you had the clutch assembly out and moved the shaft by hand with the bike in gear there is some play on the shaft...roll it in second hard if it spins first and then grabs that's your problem.....

Thanx for the response,i had the clutch assembly out and the rotational play was about 70 degrees.The slack seems to be thru all the gears,when changing gears or tapping on and off while riding , it feels the same thru all the gears.When u say cut,do you mean "undercut gears".
A question,can a hayabusa bottom casing be removed without taking head and barrels off? or does the entire motor have to be stripped to get to the gear shafts.
Thanx again

Yes the cases can be taken appart without removing the head....before you do that check your chain, rear sprockets and the rubber cushions....inspect your clutches and basket.....it's a tedious job to split the cases.....try to determine if the problem is really in the tranny....if it's the tranny set the engine to the factory TDC you have to remove the crank balancer to get a bolt under it...if the cases don't come appart easy your missing a bolt... don't force it..."cut" yep undercut you might as well do it...your gonna need it in the future if you don't.

If it shifts fine, ride it. I can put my bike on stand and put in gear and tire.will still move a couple inches back and forth.There is always lag as the gears arent full interlocked that's why you have to be sure.to make positive full shifts.

Thanx guys,we have checked the cush rubbers, checked the clutch basket,clutches all fine,fitted new chain and sprockets.It seems like I will have to strip the bottom casing and check inside, its good that i dont need to strip the head,i didnt want to interfere with the piston rings and bore etc.I dont like the slack feeling while riding ,especially in the tight twisties,the slack feeling tends to throw the bike off balance(twiching).The bijke never did this before,messed around a few times street drag racing the bike,now my baby dont feel right.Thanx again guys

Back