heavy duty oil pan?

card16969

Registered
ok my buddy has gone through 3 headers (including just destroying his voodoo system) and 2 oil pans now because of his bike sitting so low and roads being so bad here, so hes looking for a new oil pan and i was wondering if anybody made a heavy duty oil pan or something a bit stronger than stock for a gen 1?

387327_2494913567426_1090434299_319.jpg

The engine is still aluminum if he puts a harder pan he may just end breaking the engine case. Low rider cars put steel plates on the bottom to deal with bottoming out which may not be a good idea for a two wheeler. Worse case scenario the hard part hold its ground stays intact and the bike jumps up and you loose traction in one or both wheels or it could get caught something and come to a sudden stop. I saw a car get caught and stopped just thinking of it being a bike instead gives me chills.

I lowered my bike out of necessity to flat foot it and I had to raise it back a bit and stay on my tippy toes which isn't safe. As bad an embarrassing as it is to move it around like that I'd rather deal with a drop in a parking lot than get caught by a lousy manhole fitting or an expected ditch or pothole and get rick rolled down the street.

yeah his is low but we have some wicked potholes around here and he had a passenger on and wham there went a header and the pan lol

If he decides to go with a flat pan look into two wheel werkz. They have a 1.5" pan with Windage tray for $380. It's a fixed oil pickup too.

He might as well go billet and sidewinder. Sounds more like a hard landing to me, but best of luck to him.

Easy fix tell him to move to somewhere with less potholes. If he lives around your area those roads are way bad. Not somewhere I would want to ride a bike anyways

He will have issues till he lifts bike,puts heavier spring on rear or both. he looks to have stock exhaust and it will always be lowest point if he stays with it. He would need a sidewinder for the flat pan for it to be lowest point without knocking nipple off stock pan or mod stock pan with sidewinder...

thanks guys im going to show him the options... i dont think hes up for the side winder as he likes the clean look of it... and ask black diamond the roads here are absolute trash

Well they just did 75 down there which is alot nicer then what it was but the side roads and small highways haven't been taken care of in probably 10-15 years they just fill in the holes and the next year they come right back

Well they just did 75 down there which is alot nicer then what it was but the side roads and small highways haven't been taken care of in probably 10-15 years they just fill in the holes and the next year they come right back

yep and if its where i think he said he did it, it was down by the bricks of downtown i think before they fixed it due to some guy messing up an all original car at the back to the bricks car cruise

sounds like he needs a custom skidplate as mentioned above, but to encase the entire underbody.. or raise it back up/check tire pressures, ect.

Back