Heartbroke over exhaust...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Thought I had it all figured out and was a phone call away from ordering my new BDE Streetmeg tonight and then found this soundclip...

http://media.putfile.com/Busaindrive

now don't get me wrong here...I like a nice deep throaty purr at idle and a howling top but d@mn man...this thing is loud with a "L"....love to turn heads but not the ones wearing badges and would like to hear my grandchildren speak one day...dang...
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139616433 -->

Fella over at sh.org made that for me when I was looking.
Bad part about it is that the baffle is in.
Think of how loud it would be without the baffle.

I know what you mean . I alreay have hearing loss from dumb stuff when I was young. I don't need anymore help.
biggrin.gif

Jink- knew it when you said thats what you were getting. "Them pipes just don't seem like Jinkster"
wink.gif

How about HMF?
HERE is a clip of my bike. Don't know if you saw it yet.
cool.gif
i think i got the hmf highmount fever !  they keep lookin better and better , the install is the only thing that was bothering me , but thinkin thats  goin to be my full system choice !
Listen It was'nt easy  but if you make the time and have a lot of patience i think its worth the look and the sound ...
+1

definatly worth it looks and sound ! but i saw a botch job and it scared me !!!!!!
wow.gif
then i saw a few good installs , have to see what happens / saw a super charged busa at the javits center that was pretty sweet ! so im just tossin things around

How about HMF?
HERE is a clip of my bike. Don't know if you saw it yet.
cool.gif
pipefighter, thanks for posting that bud...sounds pretty sweet and the HMF was towards the top of my shortlist but...while I dig the tucked dual look of the hmf from the backside?..I just can't get used to all that plumbing up the sideviews...picky cuss...ain't I?...but the hmf IS still on my shortlist and thanks again for the clip.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Fella over at sh.org made that for me when I was looking.
Bad part about it is that the baffle is in.
Think of how loud it would be without the baffle.
damn...I was really hoping that was with the baffle out...looked like it was in to me but now I know for sure.

jeese...anybody out there with the BDE streetmeg got any commentary?...I love a snotty sounding exhaust but how bare-able is it for long runs?

Guess you don't subscribe to the idea that:

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES
laugh.gif
I was somewhat on the fence about loud exhausts before I lived in downtown Chicago. After residing two blocks from the BP station thats across from RnR McDonald's, I find really loud pipes annoying at best. The unmuffled sounds of sportbikes bouncing against rev limiters and harley guys just looking at each other and whacking the throttle....

both too loud for sneaking about at warp speed for me. ive rolled down too. and blew bye cops at warp speed and they didnt even know i was coming!!got to at least give yourself a chance at getting away. good luck with those here i am sounds!!

Bill, Your next trip up to Lakeland, Stop at my house and take mine out for a spin. I've got the HMF's on her and I'm convinced once you get the sound in your head it's gonna be game over.:)

Back