Aftermarket slip on recommendations

Aceshigh

Registered
Whazzup all, I just bought my new Busa Friday. So far, I'll admit, I'm loving the ride quality and I can't really open it up too much because it's still only got like 50 miles on it. I have to baby it for another 100 or so miles.
crazy.gif

Here's the trade

But I have a few ?'s about modifications.
I know this is a big motor. I like the deep throaty growl of the aftermarket pipes. I hate the loud whiney ones...common on most rockets....those are not for me. I want the cheapest but best slip ons I can buy for the deep throaty sound.......not really looking for performance enhancements. The stock ones are a joke and sound like purring kittens to me.
rock.gif

I've seen a few Yoshimura RS-3 Slip Ons but how much is a good price for a pair?? I don't have to modify anything with a slip on do I ??

Is this a good choice??
Am I going to get what I'm looking for with these or should I look elsewhere ??
I would prefer the Stainless or Titanium style. The Two Brothers one someone posted is cool but not really fitting with my color scheme. Any input is appreciated.
race.gif

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118660832 -->

Umm its not a twin! But congrats anyways! Stick around here and read up, lots of good stuff to learn here @ H.org.

The Busa does whine but its deeper than any over inline 4 around....personally I love the sound of the Busa..its the best sounding bike IMO.

Yep, you're right. I made a mistake. I thought it was a big twin for some reason. So okay, what kind of pipes can I get so that I won't have that really loud whine, but still get the throaty growl of a aftermarket pipe?? Something on the cheaper end....

Hmm..well in the stock form your mostly hearing engine when cranking the throttle hard...its a whine but more of a tornado kind of whine.   I installed a Yosh full system on mine and now the exhaust overpowers the engine noise...its sounds awesome but its not a V-Twin and it will never have that sound.

Believe me,  once you understand the power differences between a v-twin and I-4 engine you will learn to appreciate the sound.

an example:
I'll hear a pack of Harleys up the road and as I approach them I'll get my RPMs to right around 6500K and open it up for the pass...they could not even come remotely near the acceleration they are about to witness.  This is no whiner, more like a whirlwind from hell.  

How much you looking to spend?   $500 will get you a full Muzzy system ..4 into 1 pipe.  But if you want it stock then there are tons of pipes around, look @ D&D for the loudest.    My Yosh is loud as hell IMO , I love it.  They make some bolt ons as well.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118661581 -->

Akrapovic bolt ons would sound "something" like this although this is an Evolution so not exactly.

https://www.hayabusa.org/ads/akra.mp3

they would run you around $700. The evolution has the lowest rumble of any I have heard.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118662131 -->

if all your looking for is sound.....go with Yosh slip-on's. Had em before my full Hindle and LOVED the sound. Really throaty and deep base sound. Plus you wont need a powercommander with the slip ons. Slips ons = couple hundred bucks. They are easy to find on Ebay and this site when people upgrade to a full exhaust. Full exhaust = at least 600 bucks plus a few hundred bucks more for a PC and a custom map.

How much you looking to spend?   $500 will get you a full Muzzy system ..4 into 1 pipe.  But if you want it stock then there are tons of pipes around, look @ D&D for the loudest.    My Yosh is loud as hell IMO , I love it.  They make some bolt ons as well.
I'm looking to spend around $500 for a slip on exhaust pair. I've been looking at the Yosh RS-3's but the cheapest I found was $599 shipped for the titaniums.

Not sure if I should go with Stainless or not....that's why I chose the Titaniums. I have no preference on manufacturer except I don't want garbage. I know Yosh is good, D+D, twin bro's etc. I just don't want it too damn loud, but I want to hear the exhaust....it's kinda hard to describe.

I just don't want it too damn loud, but I want to hear the exhaust....it's kinda hard to describe.
Go with the rs-3 with a zyclone baffle. Isn't there a member on this board that has a set of these and a digital camera who can put up a sound file so newbies can hear these pipes?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118670289 -->

I have my yosh stainless RS3 slip ons for sale...going to clean them up and post them tomorrow I hope. 275 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested. They have about 1500 miles on them.

I have my yosh stainless RS3 slip ons for sale...going to clean them up and post them tomorrow I hope.  275 plus shipping.  PM me if you are interested.  They have about 1500 miles on them.
Get these, hell of a deal, the Miron Race Slipons sound good as well.

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...You dont need to go any alterations to bike to fit a pair of slip on's!! I personally suggest the Yoshimura Zyclone filter... they sound great. I have pair of them that i want to give away... but I think the shipping from India to the US is going to work out pretty expensive
blush.gif

Back