Headlight viewing distance

Aceshigh

Registered
I have a question for you guys. I got my bike a month ago and the first thing I noticed that I didn't like was the headlight projection viewing distance. It's only about 20 feet....if that.
My R6 was waaaaaay better, and I looked for ways to improve it.....so I bought the HID from Xenonking.

I installed it, and I noticed a much better lighting, but nothing in respect to projected viewable area. I don't know about you guys, but doing over 100mph and seeing only 20-25 feet ahead of me doesn't make me feel very safe.

Is there a way I can raise the beam up maybe an inch on the housing to project it further down the road?? Any input would be nice. Sitting it next to any of the other bikes, I can see a huge difference between their visibility ahead and mine.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121251752 -->

download the service manual free from there's instruction in there to re-aim the bulbs. I had to re-aim the bulbs when my bike was new; the settings from the factory weren't optimal...

Reset them. Had to reset mine as well when it came home with me. Actually, I over adjusted them a little, but then again I am kinda blind. Don't get flashed so they can't be that bad.

//////////////////////
Added to the wrong post, sorry for the pic.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121259579 -->

DSC02175.JPG

//////////////////////
Added to the wrong post, sorry for the pic.
That's fukin swweeeeeeet Rhythm.....whats the specs on that deal ya got goin there?? I have a Minidisc player I have no use for anymore since I got my Ipod, that looks kickass.

How's the battery drain??
What speakers......damn man, give me the stats playa!!!!!

By the way, Thanks Shortboarder for that link, and thanks to the rest of you for pipin in.

<!--EDIT|Aceshigh
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121261369 -->

When you bought your bike you got a BIG envelope with all your paperwork in it. Open the envelope and pull out the Owners Manual. Turn to page 7-42
wink.gif
Full instructions are right there. You will need to familiarize yourself with where the adjustment nuts are and how to reach 'em during the daylight and do the actual adjustments at night.

I had to raise my light in a major way after the HID install. Here's how:

Remove the plastic tray under the front cowling (6 press-pin plastic connectors).

Grab a 10mm socket/ratchet and reach way up to a bolt on the upper right side of the low beam unit. The bolt has a thick washer under it. Tighten it to raise the beam.

It may help to have the light shining on your garage door to give some visual feedback.

I also had to raise my high beam. Same deal except bolt is on the lower right.

The HID is one of the best mods I did to my Busa
biggrin.gif

The headlight of the busa is not too good!! The HID does help to a great extent... but with all the adjustments, I still dont feel too comfortable with span of the headlight beam...

...I suppose that the only thing about the busa thats not right

Adjust the damn thing up. From the factory it is pointed in the dirt, about 6 ft in front of the bike.

i came off a zx6e. talk about a horrible headlight. i would compare it to a candle. so the busa light even in stock form seem great to me although the low beam is adjusted way to low. i still have to raise it. till then its highbeam all the way.

I issues with my headlights last Saturday. We were up in the hills in Glenwood,IA. It was night and guys were flying through there at like 120, I was left in the dust do to not being able to see anything. The two in front were riding R1's.

The headlights on my SV illuminated the entire state, now those are some sweet headlights.

Back