headlight adjustment?

baleibec

Donating Member
Registered
im in the process of doing some mods to my bike (soupy's adjsutable links, oil change, and a shift star) so most of the bodywork is removed, i wanted to adjust my headlight, since they were a little off even b4 the hid's were put on, but the manual was no help. so heres a pic, the arrows are where i think they are, can someone please confirm it b4 i start tweeking somthing i shouldn't.:whistle:

100_1578b.jpg

Be very careful the zuki mech stripped mine out on the '06. And the entire headlamp assembly has to be replaced when that happens.

I'm very happy with my stock lighting on the '08. The '06 was terrible.

thanks, thats what im trying to avoid. my adjustment is a lil off, its agravating every time i drive at night. someones gotta know it the adjustments are the circled ones in the pic:please:

someones gotta know it the adjustments are the circled ones in the pic:please:

As you look at the above photo.....

The LOWER LEFT one is the vertical adjustment. Crank this 10mm nut CLOCKWISE to raise the beam.

The UPPER RIGHT one is the horizontal adjustment. Not sure which direction of the fastener moves the beam left or right, since I haven't needed to move that one.

While the Service Manual tells you to use a phillips-head screwdriver to adjust the beams... it's a ridiculous recommendation. Use a 10mm wrench here instead. Trust me.

Last edited:
Back