Heading to the Gap next weekend

DSC05968.jpg

I think that's enough, don't you???

Yep made it back late last night.

Getting ready to start a new thread on limits on lean angle on the Busa, lol.......

Thanks for the link... I will have to keep an eye out for when Killboy posts his. I tried sending you an email, but the files were too big. I will break it up into a few different emails to get it to a more manageable size...

Next time, we should just ride the N. Ga mountains, week day would be great, little LEO action..

(Powers739 @ Jun. 09 2007,22:01) I made it home safe and sound.  I did have a little delay between Andrews and Murphy NC, but I didn't get a driving award, that's another story when I'm not so tired.
So, when you gonna tell us about not getting a drivers award??

(NX95240 @ Jun. 13 2007,05:52)
(Powers739 @ Jun. 12 2007,19:05) It was a great ride... next time you should join us...

IMG_6972.jpg

IMG_4579.jpg
you buy these from  killboy? they look really good..  
super.gif
Those two pics were from Moonshine...I bought them online and was able to download them immediately, nice little option...I don't care about having them on CD.

(burnschevy @ Jun. 13 2007,12:30)
(Powers739 @ Jun. 09 2007,22:01) I made it home safe and sound.  I did have a little delay between Andrews and Murphy NC, but I didn't get a driving award, that's another story when I'm not so tired.
So, when you gonna tell us about not getting a drivers award??
Ok, here is the story. If any one knows the roads, the section of road between Andrews and Murphy is a nice open 4 lane stretch with a wide grass median in the middle. It was later in the afternoon on Saturday and traffic was very sparse, like one car every 1/4 mile, ok maybe two. Anyway, after a long day of riding, I was cruising somewhere between 90-100 mph, just crusing along minding my own business. well, when I started to get closer to Murphy I continue to slow my pace down as I get closer to people to the point I'm in traffic now. Well, that's when I spotted a local LEO on a side road. Well, I make sure that I was not speed and was blended within traffic. Well, of course he pulls out and gets behing me, stays there for a mile, then gets into what would be a blind spot in a car and hung there for another mile, well, now I'm thinking either pull me over or go around. Well after another mile, I figure lets get this over with, so at the next opportunity I take the next right on a side road to pull over. Well as soon as I hit my blinker, he hit his lights and right behind me. I of course kill the motor and start taking my gloves off, flip up the visor, working to get my helmet off when he approaches and asks how my day is going. I relpy, great until you pulled me over. He starts asking if I knew how fast I was going back there a ways. Of coures asks for licsense. I tell him that it's inside my leather suit and that I am going to unzip and reach inside and wanted him to know my actions before moving. He said no problem go for it. I answer, I don't know how fast I was traveling, I really don't watch the gauges, I was just cruising along. He then asked if I noticed that I passed an "undercover" officer. Nope, didn't notice. By this time two patrol cars pull up. He then says the "undercover" officer called ahead because he could not keep up with me after I passed him on the road while he was doing 80+ mph. About this time, this POS car comes screeching into the area. The lead Officer says here's the officer now, he walks up, they ask him if I match the ID, of course I do.

By this time, my licsense comes back clean. The other officers start admiring the back, asking questions, etc... Well, after making small talk about all the bikes that are out... he states well, slow it down and have a good afternoon. I said really! He replied, thanks for pulling over...we thought you were going to run, that's why there are so many officers and a helicopter waiting for you, but you pulled over basically without asking. I'm in shock at this time. Then the other officers ask, I hear those bikes can do over 80mph in 1st gear. I said actually, 82 on this one with the speedo calibrated to two different GPS...... huh so my friend tells me.... I'm mean while I was at the track... joking around... I ask if I am free to go and if there is another trap down the road to stop me again (jokingly), but thinking it. I was free to go, so I suited back up and made the balance of the trip home without further incident....

Sorry for the long story, but you asked for it...

Back