hayabusa's attacked...

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
ok, i know some of you aren't christians, and don't like talking about church. this topic isn't for you. hit "backspace" or "delete" and return to your regularly scheduled forum perusing.

now if you're still here, i learned something in church this last wednesday.

a little background. i go to a church called freshlife. it's non-denominational, non judgemental, and fairly forward thinking (they have a facebook, a twitter etc). they teach straight from the word, no exceptions. on wednesday night, we have a service called "skull church". the first study in skull church was in the book of luke and the book of matthew, focusing on the events of golgatha (skull hill. see where they get the name now?). another part of skull church is the music. it's very loud. and it doesn't sound like the christian music you're used to. skull church reaches out to the so called "lost generation", those in their teens right now. kids who might not have gone to church without this wicked loud music.

anyway, back to the original topic. i was reading the "god must be pissed at hayabusas this week" thread and got to thinking of something mentioned at church. "everything you own is a tool or an idol. a tool is something you use to bring attention to christ and the cross, an idol is something that pulls your attention away." this really bothered me, because i'm a fairly active forum member, i spend a good amount of time here, and wrenching on the bike, going riding, shopping for gear, etc. so i got to thinking, is my bike a tool, or an idol? (if you're non christian and still reading, idol worshipping is a no no. refer to the bottom of the post for the second commandment)

so to the purpose of my post. how can we (christian riders) use our motorcycles, our hobby, and our passion, to reach out to the lost, and bring them to christ?

second commandment, for reference

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

and an idol can be anything, money, cars, drugs, women, career, whatever takes your attention away from God.

I think...actually I know it is okay to have nice things in life... in fact God wants us to be extremely prosperous in life. Full of wealth and happiness. Nowhere in the bible does it state that we must live a miserable lifestyle in order to have a relationship with God. As I said, God wants us to be successful, be it emotional, financially, physically, everything.

It is NOT wrong to ride your bike, work on your bike, talk about your bike. It is your hobby, and there is nothing wrong with that! It is when you substitute time with worldly materialistic things for God is when it is a problem. As stated in the second commandment. When you let the worldly things get to your head, if you become prideful, that is when it becomes a problem. All I know is that I give glory to God in all the blessing I have in my life.

That is also the reason why God created the sabbath day... Too many Christians have forgotten about the fourth commandment

"8 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

9 For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and consecrated it."

It is this day (sabbath=saturday) that I put aside ALL worldly desires and give complete praise to God

Last edited:
I think that it could only be considered an idol if you put it before God. One day, when you and I have some time, I would love to sit down and visit with you. I would like to show you the bigger picture. I dont put anything I have before God, in fact, I am thankful for what I do have and I know I have been blessed. Thank you Lord. :cheerleader:

and just in case anyone is interested in checking out the church (all messages are archived, video and audio)

freshlifechurch.org

skullchurch.com
:edit: decided to listen to podcasts of the services i missed on my trip. so it's gonna be a two wheeled sabbath today.

Last edited:
Personally I try to use it to help share the gospel with others as much as possible. Some on here may not like it much, but I think as a Christian we have a responsibility to share the gospel with others in a non-judgemental way. We should try to use everything we've been blessed with to glorify God and share the good news of who his and what he can do. Whether it's your bike, your cars, your home, your family or your hobbies it should all work to glorify him.

We are to be the salt and light of the earth so anytime we have the opportunity we should shine that light. There are alot of hurting people out there that need to know there is a Saviour that can handle any problems they have and can completely change their lives.

I'll have to check out those vids, sounds interesting. Great thread! :thumbsup:

:poke: dude u need to ride more and worship less, when the bible was wrote there where no hayabusa's.... and u dont have to go to church to believe in god, and you arent gonna go to h e double hocky sticks for not attending church either... so ride on

I think the best approach is to be a great example. My fellow riders know that I'm a Christian and that Christians can ride cool bikes. They tend to ask me about Christ more than me bringing Him to them.

true, but is it bad to ride and not give God, who created you, who gave you everything in life, just one - two hours to praise him for what he's done. I think we should praise him a lot more, but with the way life is with working and the hustle and bustle of the rest of life, we kinda loose sight of him. So Sunday is a good time to give back just a portion of what he has givin us. It's true that church isn't required to being a Christian, but let me ask you this, how often do you spend time with Christ without going? How do you futher you relationship without learning about him, without talking to him?

One of the better prayers out there that I know of if anyone is interested:

I started not to do this,but as I read it.....I understood God to say,
'You need a miracle tomorrow'....so here goes...Prov. 29:25

> >>Dear Lord, I thank You for this day,
> >>
> >>I thank You for my being able to see
> >>
> >>and to hear this morning.
> >>
> >>I'm blessed because You are
> >>
> >>a forgiving God and
> >>
> >>an understanding God.
> >>
> >>You have done so much for me
> >>
> >>and You keep on blessing me.
> >>
> >>Forgive me this day for everything
> >>
> >>I have done, said or thought
> >>
> >>that was not pleasing to you..
> >>
> >>I ask now for Your forgiveness.
> >>
> >>Please keep me safe
> >>
> >>from all danger and harm.
> >>
> >>Help me to start this day
> >>
> >>with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude..
> >>
> >>Let me make the best of each and every day
> >>
> >>to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.
> >>
> >>Please broaden my mind
> >>
> >>that I can accept all things.
> >>
> >>Let me not whine and whimper
> >>
> >>over things I have no control over.
> >>And give me the best response
> >>
> >>when I'm pushed beyond my limits..
> >>
> >>I know that when I can't pray,
> >>
> >>You listen to my heart.
> >>
> >>Continue to use me to do Your will.
> >>
> >>Continue to bless me that I may be
> >>
> >>a blessing to others.
> >>
> >>Keep me strong that I may help the weak...
> >>
> >>Keep me uplifted that I may have
> >>
> >>words of encouragement for others.
> >>
> >>I pray for those that are lost
> >>
> >>and can't find their way.
> >>
> >>I pray for those that are misjudged
> >>
> >>and misunderstood.
> >>
> >>I pray for those who
> >>
> >>don't know You intimately.
> >>
> >>I pray for those that will delete this
> >>
> >>without sharing it with others
> >>
> >>I pray for those that don't believe.
> >>
> >>But I thank You that I believe
> >>
> >>that God changes people and
> >>
> >>God changes things.
> >>
> >>I pray for all my sisters and brothers.
> >>
> >>For each and every family member
> >>
> >>in their households.
> >>
> >>I pray for peace, love and joy
> >>
> >>in their homes; that they are out of
> >>debt
> >>
> >>and all their needs are met.
> >>
> >>I pray that every eye that reads this
> >>
> >>knows there is no problem, circumstance,
> >>
> >>or situation greater than God.
> >>
> >>Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight.
> >>
> >>
> >>I pray that these words be received
> >>
> >>into the hearts of every eye that sees it
> >>
> >>in Jesus' name. Amen!
> >>
> >>
> >>God Bless ! ! ! ! !
> >>
> >>Just repeat this phrase and see how God moves!!
> >>
> >>
> >>God I love you and I need you,
> >>
> >>Come into my heart, please!

How can we use our bikes as tools? Very easy... having a bad day at work... get on the bike and ride the stress away! Hmmm.... Use it to meet new people you meet on the way or to your desination! Use it to bring people together... we all have a common tool in interest no matter what that may be.... Now I know we idiol our bikes to some degree, but we do that with family, friends, and other things in life. It is when knowing that you are taking it too far! We are all human and we make mistakes! So enjoy the life you are given and try to make the best of it you can! Enjoy the Busa... enjoy the org! enjoy the friends and people you meet along the way!

The difference between whether it is a tool or an idol all depends whether you forget the source. I thank God for all He has blessed me with, including His Busa.

:poke: dude u need to ride more and worship less...

That is the problem actually, more and more Christians are putting time for glorifying the lord to the side... As a secondary, not a priority.

I think the best approach is to be a great example.

That is the only approach in my opinion! The vast majority of the time people will be more much influenced through your actions.

true, but is it bad to ride and not give God, who created you, who gave you everything in life, just one - two hours to praise him for what he's done. I think we should praise him a lot more, but with the way life is with working and the hustle and bustle of the rest of life, we kinda loose sight of him.

X100

The difference between whether it is a tool or an idol all depends whether you forget the source. I thank God for all He has blessed me with, including His Busa.

X1,000,000!!

That is the problem actually, more and more Christians are putting time for glorifying the lord to the side... As a secondary, not a priority.

That is the only approach in my opinion! The vast majority of the time people will be more much influenced through your actions.

X100

X1,000,000!!

Nice break down of what was written!:thumbsup:

had a fantastic ride today.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....17115&sspn=2.477382,5.811768&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=8

got lots of looks at the bike, some people noticed my church stickers, was listening to worship music the whole way there and the whole way back. and except for 4 suicidal deer (which got out of the way, thanks tokico) the ride was rather uneventful. didn't take any pix tho, i feel like a moron. i was so wrapped up in the ride (and didn't want to de-gear) i didn't stop anywhere pretty to take pictures. i need a gopro. praise the lord what a fantastic day.

Last edited:
i am a bit confused....

who said "everything you own is either a tool or an idol"? I do not know if i can accept that...it sounds to me like one of those things that people say, that sound deep and thought provoking.....but just make little sense when truly analized.

is your hayabusa an idol? that depends on how you answer a couple of questions:

1. do you worship your hayabusa?
2. do you place it above god?
3. do you allow your hayabusa to take you from your responsabilites to your god, your family...?

i believe god understands us, he knows that some of us are leaders. these people can devote thier lives to him, they are priest, nuns etc...then there are the rest of us, and he understands what we are capable of. he gives us few rules to follow, there are only ten commandments, as long as you are following those, and not sacrificing rams to your bike before rides....

i think you are ok....

he only asks for the sabbath, not all seven days...

I thank God for my bike and ask for protection for me and my fellow riders usually before I go out just a little prayer in my head. There's nothing wrong with loving something its just when you elevate it above all other things and it becomes your main focus. These are my thoughts on the subject :beerchug:

2ton said I think that it could only be considered an idol if you put it before God. Thats right when a man thinks more of himself or his possesions than god he has made big mistake.EVerything you have is because god gave it 2 you.

:poke: dude u need to ride more and worship less, when the bible was wrote there where no hayabusa's.... and u dont have to go to church to believe in god, and you arent gonna go to h e double hocky sticks for not attending church either... so ride on

I disagree I think he should worship more.djsin sorry but you wont decide were he spends eternity.

uhh..."gift"...enough said there. live a good life...follow the rules...only "determinate" is "beliveing"...so ride and enjoy...be an example in all you do. but in NO WAY let it control you or feel guilty so that you are "drawn" to focus on god and church non stop. we are to belive not to be SLAVES! (edit...only one wanting us to be slaves are human organizers of said churches)

Back