Hayabusa - ZX14R continuous Speed 300Km/h - Perfect

I would have to say that the 14R looked smoother. I carefully rewatched both bikes over and over, the 14R seems better?

The only reason the Kawi ran it faster is cause he had his hi beams on and the Busa didnt.
Hibeams = 10+ HP:rulez:

Didn't time the circuit, but from take off the top the Busa took a second less. This wasn't exactly scientific, but you would think the Busa killer would have got there a second or even two quicker

Do3 when he's in a turn leaning WFO the Kawi just flows right thru with no perceivable motion off horizon from drift or fork movement. Watch the Busa and it's like he riding thru a windstorm, it's floating and drifting all over. And to me it seems this drift caused him to rethink it a bit and let off a lil. At 3:40 mark the Busa is shaking pretty much and same at 4:00 mark onward thru corner it's shaking.

Boo, I went back a second time bc the first time I only looked at the Busa. This time I watched all three runs and the Busa looked just as smooth as the 14, but believe me it's no where near that smooth for the pilot at that speed. The bikes are different and so was the camera location on each, but I was watching the landscape and the reservoirs on both bikes. :dunno:

Boo, I went back a second time bc the first time I only looked at the Busa. This time I watched all three runs and the Busa looked just as smooth as the 14, but believe me it's no where near that smooth for the pilot at that speed. The bikes are different and so was the camera location on each, but I was watching the landscape and the reservoirs on both bikes. :dunno:

An interesting note about that... The 14R does NOT come with a steering damper. I was a little shocked when I started looking for mine and it wasn't there. A few of the guys on the forums have added a GPR for peace of mind, but I've not seen anyone report a case where the bike actually needed one.

The 14R takes quite a bit more effort to lift on a front stand. I wonder how different the weight distribution is between the two bikes, and how much that affects the handling characteristics at high speeds. The center of gravity if lower in the 14R as well, so that probably makes some difference too.

Can someone figure out how to get the link for this and post it?
I can't do anything but watch it and then it's gone? Can't get embed code?

Just click the youtube icon on the embedded vidio, and it will take you to the youtube page.

Then click the share button under the video, then the embed button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually ran the busa two laps and the kawi only one I think, It was all going by too fast:laugh::laugh::laugh:

There is no point in timing inaccurate speedo error, but use a stop watch to record zero to the position the tacho needles max out ( limiter stop), i used the white marker on pavement as bikes enter the banked section.

the zx14 got there the quickest, about 1 second quicker

stability is due to standard setting of busa far too soft.

get front suspension set up with stiffer inner springs and thicker fork oil - sorted

The Buse appeared less stable and planted.

Having said that, the rider went another lap because he was having more fun on it :)

To me it felt faster on the Busa! I just cant see myself spending that kind of money for a bike that's 1 second faster. :whistle:

To me the Busa looked a lot more stable, the camera mount position was different. Watch the two el-cheapo plastic brake fluid containers on the ZX and then watch the brake fluid containers on the Busa, to see the amount of movement.

To me the Busa looked a lot more stable, the camera mount position was different. Watch the two el-cheapo plastic brake fluid containers on the ZX and then watch the brake fluid containers on the Busa, to see the amount of movement.

Yes ok. The camera mount position was different.

Back