TV-5-12-2007 302.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 303.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 304.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 305.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 306.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 307.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 308.jpg

TV-5-12-2007 309.jpg

Yeah he had to be inexperienced or the person setting bike up wasn't teaching him about the setup he riding and how a auto works. He should have told him before he ever sat on that bike, that if bike gets out of sort just hit shift button and don't chop the throttle......

Musta posted as I was typing!:lol:

IDK call me crazy but I'd be more worried about destroying my "frame" more than a transmission on a bike :laugh: When I broke my thumb it cost almost $3K worth of medical expenses..... and that was for a Thumb!! I dont see a transmission costing more than a serious injury :whistle:

wow those are some good pics, i sure hate the carnage tho, that second sequence that bike looks like its about to nut him

IDK call me crazy but I'd be more worried about destroying my "frame" more than a transmission on a bike :laugh: When I broke my thumb it cost almost $3K worth of medical expenses..... and that was for a Thumb!! I dont see a transmission costing more than a serious injury :whistle:

Your talking about a $3000 transmission. I'm guessing it happened to fast for him to realize what was happening and when he did figure it out it was too late. He either had the clutch setup wrong or too much nitrous too fast.

I've been going to the track for 25 years and have only seen something like that happen twice. It's a gut sick feeling watching it happen in person...hope the rider is OK.

Us track junkies use the rear brake as a wheelie control device. Does the rear brake not serve the same purpose for drag racers?

My second question is, if there is no means of avoiding a loop on one of these fire breathing demons, why would anyone throw a leg over the seat? Seems suicidal to me, eh? :dunno:

Here's the youtube video of him in action.

Sent from my HTC DNA using Forum Runner

Last edited by a moderator:
Us track junkies use the rear brake as a wheelie control device. Does the rear brake not serve the same purpose for drag racers?

My second question is, if there is no means of avoiding a loop on one of these fire breathing demons, why would anyone throw a leg over the seat? Seems suicidal to me, eh? :dunno:

It happened quick. I'm guessing within about 3-4 seconds after he launched. Almost all of the times I have seen this, something has happened with the nos controller kicking in too early and too fast.

anyone seriously into drag racing usually removes all the rear brake components and half of the front to save weight.
Its seems crazy to me too, but hey, I dont race.

anyone seriously into drag racing usually removes all the rear brake components and half of the front to save weight.
Its seems crazy to me too, but hey, I dont race.

Those are Grudge bikes. Most class bikes are required to run rear brakes not to mention a lot tracks require them too

Back