Which one is the pair valve?

woodrrow

Registered
Ok, I've searched for pics, found a few, but it's still not clear to me.

Here is a picture of my airbox turned upside down and the ports assigned numbers. Someone please tell me which one is my pair valve :banghead::banghead:

pair.jpg

Hello !! The pair valve is not located in the air box at all.....that #4 item is a diaphram vaccum actuator that controls a flapper valve in the airbox...leave it alone...gives best low rpm power if you leave it functioning. The pair valve system lives in front of the engine.....
it injects clean air into the exhaust ports...smog pump just like 60's and 70's cars had. it really doesn't take away any power from the bike......more of a slight weight reducing thing too remove it and prevent some popping backfireing.....
In front like i said you will see a rectangle box with lots of hoses and tubing going to it behind the headers..and at each exhaust port you will see a metal tube with 2 allen bolts screwed to the cylinder head.
This can be removed... they sell block off plates [4] but the cheapest way is to cut the tube close too the mounting flange and pinch them shut and weld um' up. remove the pair valve pump and plug the vaccum hoses. Hope this helps ya Mon

Yea thanks, check out that link in first post and make sure that's legit and what I need to do. Thanks dude

Ok the last pic shows the piping that goes to each port...thats where you cut them off with a hacksaw.... while removed from the bike..pinch shut, weld and reinstall.. the other info is right on target.

black plastic with 4 lines comming out of it going to where the headder bolts in to oval small metal plates with metal tubes comming out of them. do it right and call ape and get the block off plates remove the entire thing it is a easy job and makes everything look nice as well

black plastic with 4 lines comming out of it going to where the headder bolts in to oval small metal plates with metal tubes comming out of them. do it right and call ape and get the block off plates remove the entire thing it is a easy job and makes everything look nice as well

YES! buy the block-off plates. Just makes it look much cleaner.

Back