Hayabusa to Hayatourer

Sewman

Registered
I want to make my 08 as comfortable as possible. I have a Zx-10R that is set up with the racing type components, and I ride it solo. But the Busa is for the wife and I to get ot on the highway a tick off some miles.

From experience what are the best components you guys have used for this. Heli-bars, wind screens, grips, rear sets, seats, etc.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
get joe's buell peg mod, it's the best thing i have done to my 06', he has 08' kits available too.

beerchug.gif

I ride distance with bike stock. Did recently purchase soft saddle bags to replace back pack.

buell pegs mod, throttle lock and soft bags are all I've done. I'm 6'2" and ride to AR, and WV, no problems.

I plan to do some long haul touring on my 2008 this year with a couple of trips to Nova Scotia. I have added

*throttle meisters / heavy.
*buell peg mode
* heli bars
*suzuki gel seat
*ventura rack & packs.
*suzuki double bubble wind shield.
Want to add # (plug and play harness)(zumo 550)(powerlet plugs )( i 900 alarm)

if you plan to ride two up get a Corbin rear seat & backrest - much more comfortable

Have helibars but don't use them, find the tobin seat a good alternative.

Also beetle bags are very handy

Guys,

I set out a few years ago to build up the ultimate Hayatourer. Very comfy. Not sure how Corbin is going to fit Beetle Bags over those '08 monster cans though.

Corbin seats and Bags
Helibars
Lowered pegs
throttlemeister
tall screen
HID
Signals Minder
Charge Guard and Battery Charger from Kisan
Heated Grips
Brake Alert
Dual Fiamm Air Horns
PCII, Carbon Cans
K&N
Sliders

busa3a-1.jpg

busa3a.jpg

Guys,

I set out a few years ago to build up the ultimate Hayatourer. Very comfy. Not sure how Corbin is going to fit Beetle Bags over those '08 monster cans though.

Corbin seats and Bags
Helibars
Lowered pegs
throttlemeister
tall screen
HID
Signals Minder
Charge Guard and Battery Charger from Kisan
Heated Grips
Brake Alert
Dual Fiamm Air Horns
PCII, Carbon Cans
K&N
Sliders

Dude!!! Sweet setup. I'm am seriously jealous!

Does the Corbin rear seat and back-rest live up to your expectations? My Wife will ride, but feels insecure without a back rest. She also slides foreward all the time.

Don't forget to toss the stock tires and slap on a good set of sport-touring hoops.

My girlfriend loves her Corbin seat. It keeps her from sliding forward as much as the stock seat. I can't comment on the back rest since I don't have one for her. She can travel farther then I can before our butts get sore. I just got a Corbin for myself so hopefully I can last longer too.

Does the Corbin rear seat and back-rest live up to your expectations? My Wife will ride, but feels insecure without a back rest. She also slides foreward all the time.

after she rides with the backrest, she wont want to ride without it.. not designed to hold her on the seat while you do wheelies but it allows them to sit upright, relax and watch the scenery pass by without worrying about slipping off the back if you goose it..

I loaned mine out to James and Juli (just the pillion) and they commented it did not work as well as the stock seat in the technical twisties as it sits the passenger higher and a bit further back.. (no spooning I suppose would be the comment) they ride pretty tight when running these sections..

...and we all know what that does to Big Jim and the twins!!!

Not friendly...:laugh:

Back