Hayabusa to Hayatourer

I'm currently purchasing a 08 Busa and I want it to tour around the US. I would like the Corbin bags but they are expensive. I'm going the soft bag route and getting a gel seat. I have read the suzuki gel seats are good and inexpensive. Good luck on your mods.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning on the longest ride of my entire riding career so far. I'm riding with my Dad from St. Louis to Broken Bow, Oklahoma. Should be nearly 1,200 miles round trip. I've done nearly the same mods as everyone else has mentioned on here. We'll see how it works out tomorrow.

Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
Heli-Bars
Suzuki OEM centerstand
Buell Peg Mod
Vista Cruise throttle lock
First Gear soft bags
SW-Motech luggage rack
Givi V46 topcase
Ram Mount stem mount for Garmin GPS
12V power outlet hardwired to battery under passenger seat

Sorry for the poor quality pictures. I ran out of light and had to resort to the single overhead light in the garage to take these pics. I should come back with tons more after this weekend's trip.

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

If you really want to tour ... check out the convertibars.com website-I don't have em but have met some "iron butts" who swear by em ... nice thing is that you can go back/forth from hi to lo etc. ... I put 3k miles on a tour in June ... touring screen is a plus ... I have the 41 mm block to raise the clipons ... another not mentioned is "tunes" and intercom ... autocom is great, there are others - Chatterbox ... assuming of course you want to talk??! :laugh:

My 08 is stock, and the only thing I would want for long rides is a new seat.
The stock seat sucks after only a few hours.

I have already done a 1200km round trip ride this year, and the bike was awesome(except for the seat).

Great pics! I can't resist...

I tour professionally on this one. Ultimate sport-touring machine. Lot of miles and memories through the years.

Need any help with anything I carry or have tried, let me know. :beerchug:

Img_2690-Ceilo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back